Devops EngineerPrimary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 02/25/2021
Job Title:Devops Engineer
Role Overview:We seek a hands-on DevOps Engineer, who'll be responsible for all aspects of network and server Operations in a fast paced, dynamic start-up environment. You'll work with a top-notch team using cutting edge technology. We host high-capacity, high-performance infrastructure for enterprise cloud security controls. Operations collaborates cross-functionally with Engineering in an Agile-based environment on the design, delivery and implementation of product technology and services. We embrace DevOps philosophies and seek to automate everything.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
- You will work closely with the development teams, follow DevOps practices, automate infrastructure activities, documents standards and procedures.
- Drawing on your creative nature, you will drive the existing automation frameworks forward to benefit automation across multiple products, and may be asked to create new frameworks depending on need.
- Provide visibility on application health by defining dashboards, metric/log aggregation mechanisms.
- Coding using Python and AWS cloud formation.
- Ability to learn to use new tools, and quickly become a subject matter expert.
- Improving site performance, monitoring and overall stability of our infrastructure.
- Evaluate new technologies and provide proof-of-concept
- Additional duties as assigned
- Strong knowledge of Linux systems administration and architecture.
- You should have 5-8 years of experience
- Experience with configuring, managing and supporting virtualized environments.
- Experience configuring and managing web servers (Apache, Tomcat, Nginx) and RESTful web service applications.
- Proficiency working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) like EC2, EBS, ELB, S3, Cloudformation in a highly available and scalable production environment.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment automation tools such as Jenkins, Salt, Puppet, Chef, Ansible.
- Experience with SQL (MySQL) and NoSQL databases (Redis, CouchBase, Cassandra).
- Experience with Kafka, Rabbitmq, Elastic Search, Redis.
- Experience with Hadoop, HBase, Zookeeper, Oozie - Not mandatory.
- Extensive scripting experience with any of Shell, Python or Ruby.
- Experience with source control tools such as GIT/Github, SVN, or Perforce.
- Experience supporting, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed mission critical systems.
- Systematic problem solving approach and strong sense of ownership to drive problems to resolution.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.