DevOps JIRA AdministratorPrimary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 02/09/2021
Job Title:DevOps JIRA Administrator
Role Overview:Engineering JIRA Administrator for DevOps
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
- Be a key partner and SME working with the various McAfee Consumer Engineering teams to align Jira to our SDLC and best practices for running the delivery of several micro service applications.
- Provide configuration and administrative support of Cloud-based Atlassian tool suite, including multiple Jira , Confluence, and key 3rd party add-ons.
- Work with other Engineering and DevOps teams on Jira integration with in-house and other 3rd party CI/CD and tooling platforms using integration modules and webhooks.
- Provide recommendations on software development workflows in Agile, Waterfall, and Kanban models.
- Design, implement and maintain custom workflows
- Design and implement screen, permission, and notification schemes, dashboards, fields, post functions, etc., to serve as templates for development teams
- Coordinate and respond to support requests
- Manage and update software and licenses
- Manage user accounts, groups, and permissions schemes to projects aligned with project and organizational structures.
- Research, socialize and implement Atlassian best practices where required.
- Conduct training on Jira/Confluence as well as avigating our projects and spaces
- Effectively collaborate and communicate with Engineering, DevOps, and TS/IT staff when performing scheduled changes and improvements.
- Total of 5+ years experience in a technical field with at least 2+ years of experience with configuration and administration of Atlassian Products such as JIRA Cloud, Confluence, and key 3rd-party add-ons
- Have conceptual and practical understanding of SDLC, ITIL, and Agile Frameworks
- Previous background In Software Development or IT team in a large scale Cloud service preferred.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance in a dynamic, ever-changing environment
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and manage deliverables at any given time through effective time-management and planning, using Jira, of course.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work with diverse teams across different time zones Demonstrate good interpersonal skills and communication, both written and spoken
- Maintain JIRA projects, workflows, permissions, and users for DevOps teams
- Provide guidance on optimal JIRA workflows to align with large-scale software delivery practices using both Agile and Waterfall methods.
- Evaluate and improve JIRA security based on best practices. Set access permissions for JIRA projects and Confluence spaces.
- Evaluate and recommend JIRA integrations and plugins to help improve delivery speed and visibility.
- Work with JIRA filters, reporting, dashboards, workflows, fields, and JIRA administration.
- Communicate, share knowledge and cross-train with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Analyze, review, and document current JIRA functionality to determine potential areas of improvement.
- Manage user permissions for tools according to the needs of projects and teams.
- Test new versions of the tools and plug-ins to ensure compatibility.
- Research and utilize industry standard methods and techniques.
- Manage multiple responsibilities with tight deadlines.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.