DevOps Manager, Cloud EngineeringPrimary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 02/17/2021
Job Title:DevOps Manager, Cloud Engineering
Role Overview:McAfee is hiring for DevOps Engineer who can provide solutions for wide range of complex problems and independently determine and develops approach to solutions, under limited direction.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the role :
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure.
- Build tools to streamline deployment, reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience
- Design and implement Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
- Pipeline from source to live production of various cloud services and architectural components of our platform by collaborating within and across product engineering teams.
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats.
- Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended.
- Deploy updates and fixes.
- For the Blue/Green environment: Coordinate end to end test Coverage with different delivery teams
- Provide functional testing support, pre-deployment.
- Execute test cases/scripts to ensure delivery of quality software, and log/track defects.
- Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience.
- Perform root cause analysis for deployment and or monitoring errors.
- Investigate and resolve technical issues design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- Collaborating within and across product engineering groups.
- Research and stay up to date on various cutting-edge enterprise cloud technologies and be able to select appropriate ones based on evaluation and rapid prototype development.
- Conduct code inspections/analysis, peer code reviews, and automated testing to find and resolve issues prior to code check-in.
- Debug and promptly resolve beta and live cloud ops or field escalation issues from internal and external customers.
- Work in fast paced agile team and take/influence decisions that swiftly drive open technical topics to a closure.
- Continually improve and mature our engineering software development processes sprint over sprint and release over release.
- Provide technical mentoring to other engineering members to build a high performing and inclusive team of talented individuals that learns and grows together.
- 12 years' experience of overall experience with 3+ years of experience of managing a DevOps Team
- Strong experience in managing both development and operations and provide technical guidance and leadership to DevOps projects
- Strong experience with Linux-based infrastructure and AWS
- Strong experience with databases, including deployment and configuration, such as MySQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Redis, Cassandra, and/or Mongo
- Experience with project management and workflow tools such as Agile, Jira, WorkFront, Scrum / Kanban/ SAFe, etc.
- Expertise automating Cloud ops for auto scaling, high availability, migration, zero downtime upgrades and proficiency with monitoring tools such as AppDynamics, SolarWinds
- Proficient in CI/CD tools for each stage of pipeline – TeamCity, Jenkins, Unit testing, Code Coverage, Static and Dynamic analysis, Compliance, Vulnerability etc. along with version control tools for source code and binaries like Git and Artifactory
- Experience with open-source technologies and cloud services especially Kubernetes (K8S), EKS, Terraform, RDS, Config Maps and related technologies.
- Experience in working with Puppet or Chef for automation and configuration
- Good troubleshooting skills with the ability to spot issues across the microservices, tools, ...
- Should have strong debugging experience and excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills, organizational skills, multitasking skills and ability to explain protocol and processes with team and management
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.