Director, Cloud OperationsPrimary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 04/02/2021
Job Title:Director, Cloud Operations
Role Overview:With a global research footprint, McAfee provides the most comprehensive Global Threat Intelligence in the industry. Backed by a portfolio of more than 400 patents and a network of millions of sensors spanning the Internet, McAfee provides unparalleled protection against both known and new security threats by a complete suite of products and solutions. The Cloud Operations team manages design, implementation of end-to-end operations of the Cloud Services that protect McAfee's Enterprise Customers.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
- You will ensure broad engagement of Cloud Operations with many teams, evolving and improving DevOps/SRE practices, and developing a metrics-driven approach to ensure stability and security of enterprise cloud services.
- As part of this role, you will work directly with important groups within Enterprise Engineering, Customer Support group, Sales & IT
- Reporting to the Cloud Operations leadership for the Enterprise products, you will manage a team of operations professionals in DevOps and SRE functions.
- Work with Product Managers, Engineering Managers, and Architects, to establish and provide Engineering roadmaps
- You will structure the Operations team to ensure efficiency and effectiveness
- You will create Operations plans into the project governance process and manage execution and tracking to ensure delivery against the plans
- You will provide architectural and technical guidance and ensure that sound Operations practices are followed
- You will be the driver of Operational excellence in all facets of DevOps/SRE functions and responsible for tracking Operational efficiency using relevant metrics
- You will guide the team to make sound Operations decisions, improve stability, reliability, security and encourage the team to get out of their comfort zone
- 10+years of management experience leading Operations organizations with at least 18 years of software industry experience
- Ability in change management and guidance of Operations organizations through strategic decisions
- Experience leading teams through change and evolution of tools, methodologies and business practices
- Experience hiring and retaining top industry talent
- Experience coaching managers, and senior technical talent to bring out the best in them
- 5+ years of professional work experience supporting infrastructure and services hosted in AWS or GCP
- Familiarity with modern Monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, Opsgenie
- Experience working with and supporting production-level services within public cloud environments
- Industry experience working on Enterprise class security, Data Protection related software solutions highly desirable
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools
- Familiarity with Containerization and associated management tools such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Experienced with AWS Security (IAM, Security Groups, KMS)
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.