Director of Software Engineering, eCommerce PlatformPrimary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 09/14/2021
Job Title:Director of Software Engineering, eCommerce Platform
Role Overview:We are looking for a Director of Engineering who is passionate about leading product development, has an interest in building out a world class eCommerce platform for powering SaaS cyber security products for subscription products on a cloud native infrastructure for a global business that is billions of dollars in revenue and growing at a rapid pace. The charter will include building and enhancing payments platform, next generation messaging platforms, auto-renewals for subscription products, customer service tools, test automation using a micro-services, cloud native architecture.
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
About the Role:
- You will work closely with Product Management and Marketing teams to understand our needs and lead the design, architecture, and implementation of eCommerce platform on a cloud native infrastructure
- You will obsess on building a highly scalable Commerce Platform that is optimized for payments and auto-renewals that connects to global payment gateways, payment processors and uses ML & AI for smart billing and routing for a SaaS subscription based business model for tens of millions of customers and in the billions of dollars
- You will focus on building and enhancing a next generation messaging platform and personalized experiences for new vs returning customers applying a web services based architecture to connect to Marketing Technology platforms
- You will have people management responsibilities including hiring experienced individuals, performance management, feedback, and appraisal. Lot of emphasis on creating a team environment that is focused on team work, collaboration, coaching for our core values, that builds a great team culture and helps our engineers advance in their career needs and aspirations.
- You will prepare detailed plans, manage product releases, do effort estimation and focus on the productivity and velocity of your teams.
- You will create quality programs like code reviews for early defect detection, unit testing, best practices for secure development, test automation, monitoring, alerting and troubleshooting and scalability within the development teams.
- You will focus on improving velocity and effectiveness of software development and testing processes and procedures to make them more efficient
- You have 15 years of software development experience, which must include 5+ years of specific experience leading engineering teams
- You have experience building consumer-facing eCommerce platforms, subscription based SaaS businesses integrating with global payment gateways at scale, payment processors and payment methods that are global, and integrating with modern marketing technology products such as CDP (customer data platforms)
- You have experience building scalable applications in cloud-based applications and/or migrating applications from on-prem data centers to true cloud native applications based on micro-services based architecture
- You have experience building applications using a test driven culture, proactive monitoring, alerting and observability, test automation for a highly available set of applications for running a commerce platform for billions of dollars flowing through ecommerce applications.
- You have expertise in building Commerce platforms or similar high scale business using relational databases such as MS SQL, MySQL, PostGres, or cloud-based No SQL data stores such as DynamoDB or MongoDB
- You have experience in Software Development principles and methodologies such as Scaled Agile and Micro-service based architecture.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.