Email Operations Team ManagerPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Date posted 01/24/2020
Job Title:Email Operations Team Manager
McAfee is looking for an experienced Email Operations Manager to lead a large team of Email Campaign Specialists and Database specialists leveraging an enterprise ESP to execute world-class email marketing campaigns. This position is a both a technical and people manager role. S/he will own the Email Operations production and deployment schedule and be responsible for a high-quality output from the Email Operations Team. The Email Operations Manager will focus on driving all aspects of the execution of email marketing programs – including delivering best in class production quality (QA), deliverability, accurate audience targeting, A/B testing, analyzing email performance. Email Operations Team Manager will be responsible for motivating and mentoring team members while delivering highly visible, business-critical global email communications. The Email Operations Manager has extensive familiarity with the best practices and principles of data storage and is able to provide strategic direction for managing growing databases. The Email Operations Manager will collaborate with key business stakeholders in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role:
- People manager role
- Drive the completion of projects ensuring campaigns are created, tested and launched on published launch dates
- Ensure best in class email quality by implementing rigorous QA practices
- Expert level understanding of databases, provide guidance and leadership on creating and maintaining email targeting data, determining how to most effectively create and structure data storage systems
- Infuse email best practices through and develop the skills and contributions of team members
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
- Excellent knowledge of SQL development processes, data governance, security and integrity
- Responsible for delivering high quality email marketing campaigns by established deadlines
- Own email team workflows, production capacity and schedule; identify process improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency and scale the capacity of the team
- Strong analytical skills, including experience with segmentation, tracking, and finding and delivering key insights
- Maintain a healthy, engaged email list; measure and optimize to evolving customer segment goals
- Oversee and design Email Operations rules of engagement with key stakeholders across the McAfee organization
- Ensure high service levels for internal stakeholders and carry forward learnings from the implementation of each campaign to continually improve operational delivery
- Prior experience directly managing large scale email operation teams
- 12 - 15 years of relevant experience.
- Expert knowledge of data systems required to target, deliver dynamic content, measure and optimize email campaigns. Includes past experience designing and implementing databases in accordance to end users information needs and views
- Previous experience with DBA case tools (frontend/backend) and third party tools
- Familiarity with programming languages API
- Posess stellar problem solving skills and ability to think algorithmically
- Solid Enterprise-grade ESP experience, preferably in a B2C industry (e.g. Adobe Campaign Standard, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Braze, Responsys)
- Experience with executing sophisticated campaign tactics including automated (triggered and recurring) deployment, multivariate testing and optimization, and advanced tracking techniques
- Extraordinary communication, presentation & project management skills
- Past experience using Adobe Campaign Standard a plus
- Experience working with dynamic content/personalization to optimize email campaign performance.
- Expert knowledge of global anti-spam trends and legislation
- Collaborative and team-oriented work approach with the ability to gain consensus between stakeholders and functional teams
- Proven success managing multiple projects for varied stakeholders simultaneously, in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.