Engineering Manager, MobilePrimary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 06/09/2021
Job Title:Engineering Manager, Mobile
Role Overview:We are looking for a new team member who is passionate about solving problems in ecommerce domain, has a strong interest in cyber security, and wants to join our collaborative team as a Manager – Software Engineering to help develop new solutions for online store of McAfee Consumer. This role will report in an Senior Manager – Software Engineering within the Consumer Mobile Engineering team.
Working at our Bangalore development center, you will exhibit a deep understanding of software design, development, testing and validation, be able to think like a user to define customer experience and have the capability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
- You will manage a team of 5+ iOS and Android developers and work with other cross functional teams (UX, PM) throughout the development process.
- You will work with the other external teams or 3rd party vendors to integrate functional component.
- Understand user requirements; develop applications and APIs for devices that meet real-world.
- Solve and explain complex problems with application design and user experiences.
- You will report to the Sr. Engineering Manager
- Over 12 years of experience with minimum 5 years of mobile development experience in iOS application development
- 3+ years of management experience in high tech and fast pace environment
- Experience with iOS frameworks (Cocoa Touch Framework, Location, Core Data, Audio/Video, Maps, In-App purchase, VPN, etc)
- Experience with Objective C, Swift programming
- Experience with APNS, Memory Management
- Experience with Unit Test cases, Code Coverage, Automation
- Worked with design patterns, Framework/SDK design
- Instruments: Allocation, Leaks Crash Analysis and Debugging skills
- You have experience with multi-threading fundamentals
- You have experience in security and networking background and OS level experience
- Knowledge of Jira.
- Excellent knowledge of Agile Development process.
- Excellent knowledge of Data Structure and Algorithms
- Android development experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of cyber security is a plus.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.