Engineering ManagerPrimary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 08/01/2021
Job Title:Engineering Manager
Role Overview:As an Engineering Manager, the person will be an integral part of the Data Protection Group in India, developing cross-platform endpoint applications for MacOS – and will be reporting into Director, Engineering. To be successful in this role you should have exceptional leadership, communication and project management skills with multiple years of management experience and belief in developing the skills and talents of others. This is a technical leadership position, you will be involved in all aspects of product development lifecycle - requirements discussion/analysis, design, scope estimation, planning, implementation, code reviews and unit testing, documentation, POCs, deployment and continuous engineering. You will also be responsible for architectural decisions, deployment and supporting customers using the products in production. This is a hands-on role with development activities and delivery commitments in addition to managing, mentoring and growing your team. Ideal candidate will foster a culture of innovation while leading a highly skilled team. For you to be successful in his role, you need a deep technical knowledge of web scale low latency Enterprise Product Development using Mac, Cyber security experience from endpoint/Network protect/detection perspectives etc.
This position is an integral part of the McAfee Enterprise business segment which was acquired by Symphony Technology Group (STG) in July 2021. McAfee Enterprise and its team members remain committed to keeping governments and enterprises safe. This position is dedicated to and part of the McAfee Enterprise business.
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
About the Role:
- Drive innovation & Research in the area of Endpoint Security and software engineering.
- Build a best in class Software Engineering (Dev & QA) function designed to ensure McAfee’s customer experience is consistent and meeting our standards across all customer touch points
- Establish procedures that produce high quality customer satisfaction, experience and loyalty that exceeds customer and industry standards
- Surface inconsistencies in quality and experience, and conduct root cause analysis with corrective and preventive action plans
- Create innovative ways to receive and track actionable customer feedback
- Use technology to understand customer challenges, and calibration of quality monitoring results
- Provide Development and testing leadership and guidance to the team by architecting testing solutions, helping to resolve technical problems and challenges, and establishing and applying testing standards.
- Develop customized testing strategies that maximize test coverage while minimizing execution effort. Identify risks and proactively mitigate and communicate.
- Act as a quality champion by striving for excellence and driving continual improvements within the team.
- Regularly communicate and disseminate information to ensure that it flows both up to management and down to the team
- Collaborate with Senior Execs, Software Engineering Leaders, Project Managers, Product Managers, and others to ensure smooth integration of Development & QA into the SDLC
- Strong business acumen and agility within a large, matrixed organization
- Ability to listen, adopt and influence are essentials
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to coach and mentor a team
- 10+ years of related software engineering experience with at least 3 having been in a management capacity.
- Lead the discussions and early analysis of the data-on-cloud concepts
- Strong expertise in Endpoint Security Technologies.
- Experience with infrastructure automation technologies
- Experience with programming languages like C++ and Java/C/Python.
- Proven success in managing, leading and motivating others, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire and lead a team
- Strong influencing skills to drive cross-organizational change
- Demonstrated success in cross functional teams
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.