Information DeveloperPrimary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 05/11/2021
Job Title:Information Developer
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the role :
- You will work as part of an international team of writers to plan, write, and edit customer facing instructional and maintenance content for electronic and web-based publications.
- You will collaborate regularly with Program Management, engineers, editors, localization coordinators, product managers, project managers, and other specialists in Europe, North America, and Asia. Using DITA 1.1, XMetaL, and a content management system to produce documentation that conforms to a defined process and style guide. Content is technical by nature, supporting our customer base of Security Administrators across all industries and government sectors.
- You must be a self-motivating and self-managing writer who can learn complex technologies quickly and manage the entire process of writing top-quality documentation from start to finish. You will work with product teams to define documentation requirements and gather technical content. You will produce drafts for review and produce a final release.
- Regular deliverables include installation and product guides, online Help and release notes.
About you :
- Minimum of 4+ years of technical writing experience, writing user documentation
- Excellent planning, research and writing skills
- Time management skills
- Structured authoring skills
- Solid knowledge of single-source documentation projects
XMetal, DITA Open Toolkit- Knowledge of XML, XSLT, CSS, Content Management System
- Working knowledge of SVN and VSSCompetencies/Skill sets required for the role
- Experience working with translators and localization specialists planning and maintaining localization schedules.
- Knowledge of other publishing and office software such as FrameMaker, Visio, Photoshop or Paintshop Pro, MindMaps,
- Familiarity with Virtualization, Data Center, Internet and networking security technologies and concepts.
- Ability to innovate, seek process improvements, come up with brilliant solutions.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.