IT Operation ManagerPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Additional Locations Date posted 02/22/2019
Job Title: Manager, Run Operations, Hosting Services
Reporting to the local Mgr, Hosting Services
Hosting Services is a function within McAfee’s IT Infrastructure organisation. Hosting Services is an IT Operations and Projects group responsible for designing, building, deploying and running core IT services, namely server compute, storage and data protection. It is a multi-disciplined team of 30 technical specialists located in Bangalore, US and UK
Run Operations is a 3rd line support team within Hosting Services. It is responsible for sustaining in-service IT-managed equipment, processes and documentation. The team has technical specialists that support Linux (Red Hat, CentOS), Windows, Virtualization (VMware), Storage (NetApp, HPE, VNX and VMAX), Data Protection (Avamar and Data Domain).
As Manager, Run Operations, you will oversee and manage the day-to-day activities to ensure that systems, services and infrastructure work reliably and securely. You will take responsibility for owning, documenting and improving the processes and procedures required do that. You will also work closely with Global Operations Center, who provide 2nd line support, to improve the flow of work between the teams and drive down resolution and fulfilment times.
In addition, you will lead the team to drive down the total cost of hands-on operations by introducing automation where there are gaps or sustaining/improving automation where it already exist. You will also work closely with the Build team to transition new systems and services into operations.
Run Operations works on a shift and rota basis to provide support during both India and North America business hours, as well as on-call rotation for out-of-hours
The ideal candidate will have
- Extensive technical management experience, with good knowledge of ITIL - preferred ITIL Foundation v3 certification
- Exceptional knowledge of IT service delivery
- Related, progressive experience combining IT service delivery, infrastructure management, operations management and team leadership
- 5 years' experience of pragmatic implementation of the ITIL framework in a similar sized organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills,
- Demonstrable capability to lead by example with a motivation to be the best at what we do
- Ability to facilitate teams to develop, deliver, document, support and optimize solutions
- Experience of developing and managing continuous improvement within IT operations teams
Shift 1 (India)
EMB2 - India - Bangalore Embassy Golflinks
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.