Knowledge AnalystPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Date posted 09/12/2020
Job Title:Knowledge Analyst
Responsible for designing, writing, revising and/or editing of technical articles. Analyzes and interprets data to determine appropriate syntax, style, and grammatical usage. Information is produced on electronic medium. Attends planning/coordination meetings to assess customer requirements. Responsibilities may include: overseeing preparation of supporting video production. Individuals act as internal experts, consultants, and program/project managers and represent the corporation to external groups, agencies, and vendors.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the role:
Each writer on the Knowledge Management team is assigned a set of products. For that product set, you’ll need to:
- Write brief, clear, technically accurate Knowledge Base articles that that will help our customer/clients use and understand the products easily.
- Work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, with the ability to work quickly and on multiple projects at a time.
- Prepare KB articles to support McAfee’s monthly product release cycle.
- Work with product teams, support engineers, and developers to obtain in-depth knowledge and understanding of the products you’re writing about.
- Work with technical editors on the Knowledge Management team to ensure your KB articles meet organizational standards.
- Learn and follow the team’s well-defined processes and procedures. And, also provide input to make innovative suggestions in the planning and execution of projects.
If you are a highly self-motivated and skilled writer, this position is for you! In this position, you will be able to demonstrate your:
- Excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills to coordinate multiple simultaneous projects and multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to work with extended team members (engineers, product teams) to source details and understand the product better.
- Ability to analyze functional and technical specifications of products and documenting it in user-appropriate language.
- Demonstrated commitment to technical accuracy.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to gain proficiency with new software tool(s) within 3 months of training.
- Experience in customer support is desirable
- 3+ years of applicable experience - Basic knowledge of HTML & Understanding of SEO a plus
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.