Lead Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)Primary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Date posted 01/09/2020
Job Title:Lead Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
We are looking for a new team member who is passionate about building e2e testing solutions and focus on delivering reliable and robust software as a Lead Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to help develop new solutions for Cloud Services Platform of McAfee Consumer. This role will report into a Manager – Software Engineering within the Consumer team.
Working at our Bangalore development center, you will exhibit a deep understanding of software design, development, testing and validation, be able to think like a user to define customer experience and have the capability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies.
In a world where ecommerce is becoming part of our daily life, we are offering you a rare opportunity to influence and contribute to an interesting and critical part of McAfee’s Consumer business that protects our customers’ digital life - in one of the most vibrant cities in the India.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Role:
A Lead Software Development Engineer in Test [SDET] at McAfee is a developer with the primary responsibility of effective assurance of product quality through white-box as well as black box testing, Smart Test-Driven Development, test automation, code inspections, peer reviews, and other forms of engineering excellence. It is a unique and challenging role that calls for combining the “building” aspect of software development with the “testing” part of quality assurance.
- Responsible and accountable for quality of product.
- Contribute in software development related activities
- Analyzing requirements, able to understand impact on existing systems and come up with use cases and test cases independently
- Set up test environment including QA servers and maintain it throughout the project
- Implement test automation using automation frameworks like Selenium, Appium, Pytest
- Ability to write automation scripts using automation languages like python , batch scripts etc.,
- Excellency in writing the test suites and test plans
- Collaborate with team members to create White & Black box test strategy and test cases from functional specifications
- Responsible for defect prevention during Unit/Integration/System test phase. Ensure testability in code and measure code coverage data regularly
- Set up and conduct code reviews for detecting functional defects
- Ensures product quality through continuous integrations and code/test refactoring; understanding of continuous integration and deployment tools and cocepts
- Ensure functional requirements are implemented in the code
- OS : Android & iOS
- IDE’s : Android Studio, Xcode
- Understanding of Java/Swift code base for white box validation.
- CICD: Gradle, Jenkins, XCTest and relevant mobile dev/test environments
- Expertise in delveloping automation systems using python or java.
- Atleast 5+ years of experience in automation frameworks on mobile like Selenium, Appium, PyTest, TestNG etc
- RESTful APIs & Web services
- Basic problem solving skill to analyze the real world user experiences and test the product in various usecases.
- Experience in setting up QA environment/QA servers and maintaining them
- Ability to determine test strategy and create test cases, execute them for black box testing, Ensuring that build is released with zero defect
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.