Lead Software Development EngineerPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Date posted 11/07/2019
Job Title:Lead Software Development Engineer
We are looking for a new team member who is passionate about building enterprise mission-critical software, has a strong interest in cyber security and data protection, and wants to join our team as a Lead Software Engineer to help drive the next generation of our corporate encryption product family.
Working at Bangalore development centre, you will exhibit a deep understanding of (and passion for) software development in Java on server and cloud platforms, be a go-getter with a determination to succeed, and have the capability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role :
- You’ll be involved in core product development on both on-prem and cloud platforms, primarily in Java.
- You’ll be involved in all aspects of the SDLC from feature conception through to documentation, release and sustaining.
- You’ll be expected to contribute to the development of server/cloud components within a product release with a focus on quality.
- You’ll be involved in analyzing customer requirements, proposing and designing product features, and creating functional specifications.
- You’ll collaborate with team members on best practices, code reviews and process improvements to help the team stay productive in delivering useful new features and improved user experience.
About you :
- You’ll be a Software engineer, independent but a team-player: capable implementing new features in a mission-critical large-scale enterprise product, whether on-prem or in the cloud
- You’ll have recent excellent (and demonstrable) Java 7 (or higher) development experience
- You’ll have experience of most or all of the following
- HTML / CSS, Shell script, JSP, Microsoft SQL Server / MySQL, Active Directory / LDAP, Ant / Gradle
- You’ll have some experience in C++ (desirable but not essential)
- You’ll be used to writing unit tests and automation for your code with high levels of coverage
- You’ll have experience diagnosing and resolve complex problems on existing software releases
- You’ll have excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- You’ll have a desire to succeed - resourceful and self-motivated, you’ll be determined and able to solve problems in a pragmatic fashion but with attention to detail and quality
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.