Lead Software Development EngineerPrimary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 05/03/2021
Job Title:Lead Software Development Engineer
Role Overview:Develops software as the primary job responsibility; Designs, develops, debugs & tests complex software in any field e.g., systems software, software development tools, applications, drivers, numerical methods, UI's, web. May work directly with companies developing and optimizing compilers, operating systems, and other software technologies. This role will report to the Engineering Manager
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the role
- You should have good design skills and have good skills in the Microsoft web development technologies.
- Strong Object-oriented Programming principles. Deep understanding and practicing SOLID principles.
- Participate in code reviews and provide and accept reviews.
- Work with Peer teams in other GEOs and with other teams present locally.
- We prefer that you be good at reviewing PRDs, analysing and implementing solutions.
- Candidate will develop / support internal tools
- Analyse all the solution options in a given project, and ability to identify the ease to maintain / high performance solutions and implement.
- Gain familiarity with managing product releases and tracking issues.
- Participate in weekly code reviews with engineers
- You are expected to collaborate closely with program management, QA and other development teams.
- Having worked with multiple teams in offsite locations a plus
6-10 years of relevant experience with a sound academic background
- Exposure to developing Web based applications with 6 or more years of experience
- Familiarity in C#.Net, AWS, NodeJS
- Exposure to writing SQL and SQL optimization for high volume databases
- Exposure to Golang/Go is beneficial.
- Development experience in MVC and WebAPI
- Have the passion to work with technology and complex systems
- Show enthusiasm in analysing requirements, able to understand impact on existing systems and come up with an all-encompassing solution
- Passion to work with demanding customers
- We prefer that you be good with coding best practices
- Quickly adapt to Experience working in Agile methodology & knowledge on Scrum principles.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.