Lead Software Engineer in TestPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Date posted 08/14/2019
Job Title:Lead Software Engineer in Test
We are hiring a person to lead a team to design, build and run regression test automation in Python, PowerShell and other tools as needed. We prefer individual with experience in Support incidents, Jira bug tracking, Agile development (esp. Scrum), quality metrics, exploratory testing and test automation. Knowledge of Windows internals, cybersecurity and anti-virus would be pluses.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Role:
- Design and Build scaling test automation frameworks
- Build automated test coverage for critical functional areas under test
- Work with other teams on standards and best practices
- Collaborate with SDEs to improve technical design for testing functionality at scale
- Coordinate end to end test coverage with different delivery teams
- Provide functional testing support for Sprint teams as needed
- Execute test cases/scripts to ensure delivery of quality software, and log/track defects
Good to have :
- Knowledge of Windows OS fundamentals.
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Experienced in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- Experienced in defining End to End Test Strategy
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Continuous Integration
About you :
- 8+ years’ experience as a SDET or similar role
- Experience developing automation in an OO language using Python, Scala or similar
- Demonstrated experience in test framework design and development
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Shift 1 (India)