Lead Software EngineerPrimary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 11/30/2020
Job Title:Lead Software Engineer
Role Overview:As a Software Engineer, you will be an integral part of the McAfee, India developing cross-platform endpoint applications for Windows, MacOS, and Linux. To be successful in this role you should have exceptional Technical skills , communication and project management skills with multiple years of designing and implementing Enterprise class products along with ability to work in a team toward achieving organizational goals. In this position, you will be involved in all aspects of product development lifecycle - requirements discussion/analysis, design, scope estimation, planning, implementation, code reviews and unit testing, documentation, POCs, deployment and continuous engineering. You will also be responsible for release deployment and supporting customers using the products in production. Ideal candidate will foster a culture of innovation while displaying exemplary technical expertise, ownership, and commitment to delivering high quality endpoint security solutions on a variety of desktop and mobile clients. For you to be successful in his role, you need excellent debugging and development skills in C/C++, understanding of either Windows, MacOS system internals and experience in building lean agents.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
• You have good lead experience in design and development of breakthrough multiplatform software for securing endpoints on a variety of desktop and mobile platforms
• Gather technical requirements and specifications from customers and business stakeholders and develop technical specifications according to which solutions are defined and delivered.
• Deliver solutions that meet the timeline, quality and costs for the projects and deliverable elements. Solutions must meet the preset goals for quality, security and performance.
• You have 10+ years of software engineering experience, with emphasis in Microsoft Windows or MacOS based enterprise applications development and basic knowledge in Networking and OS fundamentals.
• You have Strong Windows/MacOS internals, API/UI development skills using C/C++ technologies.
• You have Windows/MacOS desktop application or driver development experience with deep knowledge on tools like Visual Studio, XCode, WinDBG , Wireshark, fiddler and equivalent
• You have excellent oral and written communication skills and having the ability to deal with interoperability issues is a big plus
• Any patents would be appreciated
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.