Lead Web Developer/Software Development ManagerPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Date posted 01/08/2020
Job Title:Lead Web Developer/Software Development Manager
As a team lead you will be working on building, optimizing web based conversion, monetization flows for McAfee’s Consumer Business. This role requires you to lead a team and also keep your hands in the code to help deliver world class web experience to our consumers. You should leverage your technical and functional knowledge to unblock your team and provide suggestions. The individual is also responsible to handle our testing Tool, Adobe Target and mentor his/her team to setup tests that help grow our business world wide.. You are driven, accountable, and have previously operated in a global setting.
Do you strive to create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design , optimized for monetization flow with clear user experience. If so, read on…
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role:
- Requires the mindset to work in an extremely dynamic environment where any optimization effort directly impacts the business.
- Lead the team of web developers and software engineers that develop landing pages, setup tests in Target, and provide first level of QA for the tests and campaigns.
- A commitment and passion for quality, technical excellence and results.
- Team lead is expected to attend regular team meetings with other members of the business team based out of USA, Europe and India, understand the needs,suggest improvements and execute among tight deadlines.
- This role requires working with engineering team to help solve technical problems.
- The role requires a solid understanding of web architecture and framework, design principles, and technical skills
- Experience with tools that improve quality of web pages like Google Lighthouse etc.
- Handle incoming requests for web pages to be coded as per creative design and launched from stakeholders around the world: Japan, US, Brazil, Australia, APAC and Europe.
- Codify updated design for mcafee’s ecommerce cart as per creatives.
- Understanding of Adobe Target or similar tool for A/B testing and experience targeting is a plus
- Sit with User Experience, Product Management, Sales, and Marketing to brainstorm things to test
- Take lead on creative process and collaborate with a team of designers and developers to provide changes as needed.
- Build out page using components and templates inside of Adobe Experience Manager
- Good understanding and knowledge of product website structure, taxonomy, and templates
- Experience and deep understanding with web Analytics tools like Google Analytics, Adobe analytics is a big plus
- Should be able to understand digital data layer and concepts of dynamic pages.
- On hand exposure on Tag management solution like Adobe Tag manager, google tag manager to deploy pixels is a big plus
- Works closely with members of other areas and technology teams to identify CMS-related issues
- Testing and QA checks to make sure content, analytics, code are “spot on”
- We are a team across geographies in a large corporation, so constant communication with colleagues is important
- You must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- You like solving puzzles ,problem solving and can work independently.
- You have worked in a consumer e-commerce environment, and are familiar with Acquisition, Conversion, and Retention as a framework
- You must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- Deep functional knowledge hands on design experience on web services framework (REST or SOAP)
- You have authoring experience with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) or CMS to build the next gen web pages
- Experience with ecommerce CART and Launch CART page testing flows in AEM will be very helpful.
- You have a “good eye” for a properly laid out web page
- You thrive in collaborating with User Experience, Product Management, Engineering, Sales, and Marketing to achieve great web experiences
- You have worked with Adobe Experience Manager, Adobe Target, Adobe Analytics, hotjar, etc.
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.