Manager, Program ManagementPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Date posted 01/14/2020
Job Title:Manager, Program Management
Manages people who lead cross-functional teams that are focused on the delivery of a product or computer-based system from design to release for customers. Develops, defines and executes project plans, schedules, budgets and deliverables. Identifies needed resources for projects, defines and assigns major project roles. Monitors the product/program/project from initiation through delivery, interfacing with external customers or field-based employees on technical matters, as needed. Assigns and monitors work of project/program management staff, providing technical support and direction. This position is most common in a matrix type organization, where the position does not have true responsibility over product development but does have overall product/program/project management responsibility, i.e. coordinating efforts leading to product release. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Role:
- You will plan/manage a team of Program Managers, as well as manage key strategic programs, technical programs or projects to meet specific objectives or goals.
- You will serve as point of escalation for all programs managed by you / your team, and be responsible for Executive level reporting on a regular basis.
- You will grow leaders within your team, as well as support all end to end functions of program delivery (within and beyond your team).
- Is beyond Engineering only deliverables, including all pertinent stakeholders
- You will provide leadership for the project team and key interfaces to the project or program, also you will provide solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- You will work on problems/tasks in delivery of a specific product or service.
- You will identify tasks, determine dependencies, identify and assign specific resources, communicate expectations to team members, obtain task effort and duration estimates from team members, and create/track the project schedule.
- You will assess risk and identify issues and escalate when appropriate.
- You will monitor progress against schedule.
- You will coordinate resources with other functions and organizations as required.
- You have 5+ years experience in leading people and managing a team.
- You have PMP/PMI/CSM or similar certification or experience preferred
- You have 10+ years of experience in project/program management within the software industry.
- You have knowledge of software product and GTM lifecycles and operational excellence in program delivery
- You have experience working with Scrum / Agile environments.
- You are comfortable working with JIRA, Excel, Project online, PowerPoint.
- McAfee’s Program Management office is spread across multiple Geo’s/Timezones and cultures, you will need the ability to prioritize tasks and manage self-manage your time efficiently, possess a high level of self-initiative and self-motivation, and flexibility to manage your working time to accommodate the needs of the business
- You have demonstrated experience with creating, marketing and managing programs and processes in a matrix organization to deliver results.
- You have demonstrable experienced in leading large, complex, multi-site/geo projects to success.
- You have the ability to provide succinct reports and provide fluid discussions on project/program deliverables in both written and oral English is a key skill needed for this role.
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.