Manager, Security ResearchPrimary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 04/07/2021
Job Title:Manager, Security Research
Role Overview:McAfee is hiring for Manager, security Research who has experience in managing malware research team .
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the role :
- Lead a world class diverse security research teams on cutting edge products
- Gain awareness of security threats around the globe, regional threats and top adversaries focusing on malware including affiliate networks
- Process incoming requests from customers and support teams regarding malware analysis and detection
- Provide an analysis for sophisticated threats including the full attack chain - infection, propagation, lateral movement, exploitation POCs, etc
- Extract malicious patterns from an object and author effective detection rule
- Participate in the incident response process on need basis
- Provide fast and thorough analysis of the attack chain including infection vector, payload, propagation, etc.
- Support clear and concise communications during malware incidents
- Prepare analysis of an incident, remediation instructions, and assist a customer if needed
- Ensure fast and reliable malware analysis suitable for initial assessment of malware impact and, where appropriate, suitable for creating cutting-edge PR stories, using local and global team resources
- 10+ Years of overall experience with 5+ years prior experience within a security software role and leading technical teams
- Technical leader that is not afraid to get “hands on” and work side by side with the team doing individual contributor type work in addition to their management duties
- Security operations knowledge: knowledge of MITRE security tactics and techniques, incident respond knowledge, network security, threat hunting knowledge, etc.
- Penetration testing/red teaming experience, knowledge of corresponding tools and techniques
- Real experience of sophisticated threats analysis - file-less attacks, ransomware, banking trojans, exploits, vulnerability analysis, reverse engineering, etc.
- Proficient in Python & Bash scripting
- Fluent in continuous integration practices (i.e. Gitflow)
- Familiar with Context-free Grammar based on graph models
- Have good time management skills to prioritize a busy workload
- Nice to have:
- Understanding of x86 and x86-64 assembler
- Knowledge of Windows OS internals - memory, threads, processes, API, etc.
- Proficiency in disassemblers and debuggers usage (IDA Pro, HIew, WinDbg, OllyDbg, etc.)
- Desire to develop in the field of information security, to study and apply new technologies
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.