Manager, Software DevelopmentPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Additional Locations Date posted 03/20/2019
McAfee Network Security Platform (NSP) is market leading security technology offering protection to Enterprises and Data Centers across the globe against advanced threats and malicious traffic. NSP offerings include top end physical appliances and virtual instances covering both north-south and east-west deployment scenario’s and has established itself as integral part of the network security architecture.
NSP engineering team at McAfee India Center, Bangalore drives large part of Product Engineering Roadmap and is looking to hire a seasoned manager to lead a team of creative, talented and experienced software development engineers working on core network security technologies.
- Requires to lead a large team of experienced software professionals responsible for design, development and sustenance of the product.
- Provide architectural and technical guidance to the team based on prior experience, and work with product management to influence product roadmap for improved business outcomes.
- Must translate business objectives and directions into actionable plans for the team and employ solid engineering practices to build and maintain momentum of product releases.
- Expected to collaborate effectively within the engineering teams and other stakeholders to achieve organization objectives.
- Passionate about customer success, good understanding on needs of customers and ability to drive results.
- Responsible for maintaining product quality throughout lifecycle of the product while maintaining speed and agility.
- Win the trust of each individual member of the team by challenging them to succeed, inspiring them to achieve high, helping them learn through success as well as failures and rewarding them adequately for their performance.
- Candidate must have BE/B-Tech/ME/M-Tech/MS with 14-17 years of overall experience developing Networking, Security products including 3-5 years of people management experience.
- Good understanding of Network Data-plane, Control-plane and linux based operating systems is essential.
- Exposure to product certifications like FIPS/CC preferred.
- Industry experience working on enterprise class networking, security or storage software solutions.
- Candidate must have experience leading the team develop features and successfully complete projects.
- Experience working with test engineering and customer support is mandatory. Exposure to HW teams is desirable.
- Experience working with geographically distributed cross-functional teams is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to articulate well, influence people.
- Self-driven and result-oriented leader with hands on leadership experience.
Shift 1 (India)
EMB2 - India - Bangalore Embassy Golflinks
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.