Manager, Software EngineeringPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Additional Locations Date posted 12/12/2018
With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building the best in class robust and scalable security products for consumer and enterprise customers. As industry top performers, we aim to develop optimized high performance system software solutions with high availability and reliability.
Job Tite: Manager – Software Engineering
We are looking for a new team member who is passionate about solving problems in ecommerce domain, has a strong interest in cyber security, and wants to join our collaborative team as a Manager – Software Engineering to help develop new solutions for online store of McAfee Consumer. This role will report in an Senior Manager – Software Engineering within the Consumer Platform team.
Working at our Bangalore development center, you will exhibit a deep understanding of software design, development, testing and validation, be able to think like a user to define customer experience and have the capability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies.
In a world where ecommerce is becoming part of our daily life, we are offering you a rare opportunity to influence and contribute to an interesting and critical part of McAfee’s Consumer business that protects our customers’ digital life - in one of the most vibrant cities in the India.
About the Role:
- Provide leadership to an engineering team in understanding requirements, designing solution and delivering project on time to meet business objectives & architectural recommendations.
- Help team members by resolving impediments
- Collaborate with other teams to define requirements and determine effective ways to get the job done and managing inter-dependencies
- Create a positive culture of quality and accountability while challenging the status quo and bringing new ideas to light. Follow best practices and aim to be the model.
- Critical analysis of issues to provide continuous improvement of technology, process and productivity
- Manage and nurture talent (people)
New to Bangalore or relocating? we will support you with our newly developed employee onboarding tool to ensure you and your family feel like locals in no time!
- Bachelor\Master Degree in Computer science
- Over 10+ years of experience in software development
- Experince in either Adobe Experince Manager (AEM) or Microsoft Azure will be a plus
- Still hands-on and interested in designing and writing code
- Proven experience in people management (identifying, hiring, grooming & retaining talent)
- Proven experience in managing project and schedule, interdependency and tracking progress
- Experience in building & grooming team from scratch
- Experience in measuring and improving quality of delivery
- Working knowledge of more than one platform (Win, Mac, iOS, Android)
- Ability to translate a high level problem statement into a workable product strategy
- Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Self-driven, Self-learner
- High on initiative taking
- Exhibits a can do attitude at all times
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring your true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work. Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
Shift 1 (India)
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.