Manager, Technical SupportPrimary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 01/10/2021
Job Title:Manager, Technical Support
Role Overview:Oversees the technical support of company customers by field engineers, technicians, and support specialists, who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing one or more of the following: complex electro/mechanical equipment, sophisticated computer systems, software systems/applications, or networking and wireless networking systems. Supervises engineers that respond to situations where standard procedures have failed to isolate or fix problems in non¿functioning equipment systems or software. Establishes and maintains lines of communication with design engineering and software development on design, reliability and maintenance issues. Ensures that engineers are current with the latest upgrades and/or new releases. May be involved in customer installation and training programs. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the role:
- People Management -
- Manage a team of 12-15 Technical Support Engineers, who provide Technical Support to our Corporate/Enterprise customers.
- Address the people related concerns of the team members.
- Be able to help people develop professionally and helping them with their development planning.
- Be able to lead a motivated team and lead by an example.
- Consider people as the most valuable asset and work on nurturing the talent.
- Have the ability to hire right talent.
- Mentor and coach people via 1:1 and group meetings with reports
- Operations Management –
- Good understanding of Technical Support business.
- Ability to drive Support business with a proven record of innovation in Support industry.
- A result oriented person with a zeal to excel in organizational goals.
- Manage Technical contact center shift-based operations.
- Maintain Service Levels of live and non-live customer query queues viz., voice and portal.
- Good understanding on case management best practices.
- Manage people effectively to adhere to Case Management SLAs
- Be at the front end of customer escalations.
- Conduct structured meetings to create cohesive environment of support operations
- Ensure process adherence and contribute to process improvements.
- Customer Centricity –
- Understand the need and importance of having “customer at the core” of everything we do.
- Be customer centric and promote that culture with in the team
- Minimum work experience of 8 years with at least 4 years in management / leadership roles in a Support organization.
- Deft people management skills
- Experience in managing voice-based Technical Support Operations.
- Should have worked in 24x7 shifts. Willingness to work in permanent night shifts is a must in this role.
- Experience in data-based performance analysis & appraisals
- Conducting interviews
- Exposure to established CRM tools
- Exposure to queue management
- Exposure to staffing & scheduling modeling
- Report generation & analysis of data
- Handling overseas customers, especially from North America and UK
- Experience of multi-product application support preferred
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Organized, process and documentation-oriented approach
- Quality management experience with exposure to one of the following is an added advantage.
- Have complete sense of ownership and accountability when it comes to his direct reports and their performance
- Position demands a lead-by-example approach with high degree of personal integrity and ethics.
- Sound knowledge of technologies like Windows, basic Networking is an added advantage.
** Note – This role caters to McAfee customer base in North America region, willingness to work permanently in North America business hours is a must.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.