Python SDET - RemotePrimary Location India Date posted 14-Sep-2022
Role Overview:In a world where large data breaches are becoming more frequent, we are offering you a rare opportunity to influence and contribute to an interesting part of McAfee's consumer business that protects our customer's web-based activities, ensuring their browsing experience is secure. We are looking for someone who is passionate about software development, testing, has an interest in cyber security and data protection, and wants to join our collaborative team as a Software Development Engineer in Test to help improve the high-quality of our consumer web protection product family. You will report to the Engineering Manager within the Consumer Products Team.
This is a remote position in India. We will only consider candidates currently in India and are not offering relocation assistance at this time.
About the Role:
- You will be responsible for development, test automation and testing as part of a scrum team (Agile). The primary responsibility will be the effective assurance of product quality through the execution of the test strategy, including, test automation, code inspections, peer review, and white-box testing.
- You will work as part of the development team to create automated test strategies and implement tests on client application
- You will write Test Automation code to validate our web protection product set from a functional, scale, performance, and security perspective You will use your skills in C#, Python, and other languages when you are coding test cases, along with technologies such as AWS, Git, and virtualization
- You will measure the code coverage of the automated tests to identify areas of focus, and other metrics to identify areas of brittleness in the automation code, producing dashboards to provide data to the team
- You will write automated regression tests to ensure that defects to not reoccur.
- You have 3 + years of automation or regression testing experience.
- You will have experience in a Software Test Automation's role, testing cloud-hosted microservices
- Experience in C#, Python, or Object-oriented Programming experience.
- You can effectively bridge cross-functional teams and divisions
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.