Quality Lead - Consumer Innovation CenterPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Additional Locations Date posted 11/22/2018
Quality Lead– Consumer Innovation Center
About the Role and Responsibilities
Title: Quality Lead – Consumer Innovation Center
Location(s): Bangalore, India
As the world’s largest dedicated security technology company, McAfee delivers proactive and proven solutions and services that secure systems and networks around the world, allowing users to securely browse, shop and socialize on the Web through PCs, Macs and mobile devices. McAfee Consumer Products now extend well beyond anti-virus to include protection of identity, family, data, mobile devices, home and wearables.
McAfee Consumer Innovation Center is chartered to build new products and services for McAfee Consumer Business. Anchored in design thinking, the center brings to life novel consumer usages with deep technological foundations. The new products could be in core security and privacy protection, or adjacent areas such as data protection, as well as those that open new product portfolio opportunities for McAfee across PC, Web, mobile, Smart Home, Wearable, IOT devices & apps.
We are looking for rockstar innovation engineers with an entrepreneurial fire. We are looking for engineers who love to experiment with new technologies and love to build new products that delight consumers. We promise a thrilling ride seeing your ideas transformed into real products that reach the millions of consumers. While innovating McAfee’s new product lines, you will have ample opportunities to write inventions, patents, and research articles, and present to senior executives. An opportunity to work in the McAfee India Center, recognized by the industry in 2016 as a “Great Place to Innovate”, you cannot miss.
QA lead in the innovation center assist in research, technology pathfinding, concept building rapid product development and smart verification and validation to mature innovations from cradle to product. The candidate leverages QA expertise and project management experience to work along-side developers/designers to validate concepts and solutions that delight our user base.
- Research, development and testing of next generation consumer products supporting 100s of millions of users across application types - security, privacy, identity, transactions and data.
- Drive scrum practices like scrum reviews, daily stand-ups, scrum retrospect, etc. and track them through project management tools (like Jira, V1).
- Execute with a sense of urgency to drive ideas into products through the innovation life-cycle. Build solutions from scratch, extracting essence of user pain points and navigating the product opportunity space.
- Be responsible for the product quality and own the end-to-end deliverables.
- Define and track quality standards and metrics for the product and create test artifacts.
- Plan and schedule several milestones and tasks like alpha and beta testing.
- Design and build automated testing for products across, mobile, PC, browser and backend using various tools and frameworks
- Hands on execution (manual and automation). Automate test cases by using tools/scripting language(s). Ensure accuracy, manageability and scalability of automation efforts.
- Ensure all development tasks meet quality criteria through test planning, test execution, quality assurance and issue tracking.
- Review test strategies and see that all the various kinds of testing like unit, functional, performance, stress, acceptance etc. are getting covered (ensure functional and non-functional coverage).
- Might have to work on parallel projects across web, mobile and desktop apps
- Assist in research and path-finding activities by validating hypothesis/solutions, base-lining and bench-marking, experimentation and analysis.
- 7 – 10 years of experience in QA/SDET
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer engineering or related field.
- Strong experience in building and executing QA strategy/Plan
- Must have Agile Methodology, specifically scrum experience
- Strong experience in developing and implementing test automation across multiple platforms
- Familiarity with analysis of software requirements, ability to design functional and non-functional tests and identify key test metrics and reporting
- Good Proficiency in testing techniques & methodologies.
- Expertise in Test cases and Test Plan preparation.
- Good understanding of OS internals and computer networks
- Sound programing skills – especially scripting skills for automation
- Conversant with exploratory testing
- Good written and verbal communications skills and must be a strong team player
- Must have the passion to work on new technologies and complex systems.
- Proven track record of taking up initiatives within projects and successful delivery.
- Experience in code reviews and white-box testing
- Experience with Security, Privacy, Identity, Connected Home, Wearables, IoT is a plus.
Shift 1 (India)
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.