Release Manager Quality EngineeringPrimary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 10/12/2021
Role Overview:McAfee Enterprise is hiring for the Release Manager interfaces and communicate with Quality Managers, Dev Managers, Operations teams, Program Managers and Product Managers and facilitate the daily execution of current projects as well as plan ahead for future commitments. The Release Manager must provide accurate reporting to Senior Leadership and other stakeholders. The Release Manager is responsible to ensure all the required tasks are properly completed and approved for each release including full end-to-end traceability.
This position is an integral part of the McAfee Enterprise business segment which was acquired by Symphony Technology Group (STG) in July 2021. McAfee Enterprise and its team members remain committed to keeping governments and enterprises safe. This position is dedicated to and part of the McAfee Enterprise business.
About the role :
- Plan the release windows and cycles across multiple teams.
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes.
- Report overall status on weekly basis.
- Maintains the release schedule and ensure alignment across teams and key stakeholders.
- Manage and document risks, dependencies and assumptions that may impact the release scope, schedule and/or quality.
- Monitor and communicate progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and quality expectations are met.
- Coordinate release content and related effort as well as any service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates.
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams across multiple locations.
- Prepare and conduct Release Readiness reviews.
- Balance priorities and escalate to upper management when needed.
- Work closely with Engineering Leads to understand the impact of code changes that are part of the scope.
- Maintain and improve the release process.
- Maintains a release repository including key information for all releases.
- Participate in CAB meetings for changes to the government regions.
- 3-5 years of previous release and/or project management experience.
- 2-4 years of experience in Cloud hosted solutions.
- Formal training in project management practices is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional distributed engineering teams toward task completion.
- Demonstrated effective leadership and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience with Jira, Confluence and Sharepoint is a plus.
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.