SDETPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Date posted 08/14/2019
Join our elite product development team to solve complex technical challenges in a creative and resourceful way using cutting edge technologies and deep OS understanding. You will be part of the Windows endpoint team that provides world-class security solutions to Windows Client/Server ecosystems. Our mission is to protect customers and keep them safe from cyber threats.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role:
You have proven experience in the following:
- Have technical leadership experience.
- Have worked closely with Product Management to understand product requirements and customer problems.
- Have worked tightly with QA team to ensure the high quality outcomes for your product.
- Have collaborated with support to get product feedback and help solve customer problems.
- Analyze complex real world data usage scenarios, research and apply the best solution possible
- You are a developer with the primary responsibility of effective assurance of product quality through excellent coding techniques, code inspections, peer reviews, unit testing and other forms of engineering excellence. It is a unique and challenging role that calls for a strong passion for quality and technology, while providing an immense opportunity to design and develop world-class security products.
- We are seeking candidates that thrive on challenge and have the ability to work independently to ensure high quality of mission critical platform and applications.
- At least 8-12 years of experience in product development including design and development tasks along with Code review / bug analysis / Testing.
- A proven track record of developing/shipping high quality, scalable software in Windows platforms
- Should have programming, debugging experience, and excellent problem solving skills. Proven knowledge of debugging using tools like windbg.
- Expertise in C++, C, Windows Kernel Programming, Multithreading, IPC, System Programming as well as solid understanding of basic CS concepts is must.
- Should be able to write Unit Tests.
- Strong Knowledge of Windows internals.
- Familiar with Test Driven Development concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both within a team and cross-group to drive identification and resolution of issues to ship under tight deadlines along with being able to drive features into the product.
- Must be highly motivated with a strong passion for and commitment to software quality
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Shift 1 (India)