Security Researcher - Exploit PreventionPrimary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 02/22/2021
Job Title:Security Researcher - Exploit Prevention
Role Overview:McAfee Labs Endpoint Exploit Prevention team is looking for self-motivated & passionate security researchers!!
We are looking for a new team member who is passionate about vulnerability assessment and malware analysis, has a strong interest in cyber security and reverse engineering, and wants to join our collaborative team as a Security Researcher to help drive the high quality of our Exploit prevention content. This role will report to the Security Research Manager within the Content operations Group.
Working at our India site, you will exhibit a deep understanding of malware analysis, vulnerability assessment, be able to support and build cutting edge detect and protect content for various enterprise products.
In a world where security attack techniques are evolving more frequently than ever, we are offering you a rare opportunity to influence and contribute to an interesting and critical part of McAfee’s enterprise business that protects our customers from various attacks.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
- Passionately on the lookout for staying ahead of the attackers and evolving attack techniques
- Responsible for in depth vulnerability assessment on various applications and creating protection for the same
- Perform malware analysis and share research details with the team
- Creative solutions to protecting customers
- Full participation in the assigned Agile team (e.g., standups, planning, peer reviews, etc.)
- Collaborate within and outside assigned Agile team
- Continuously seek opportunities to improve skillsets
- Proactively identify and communicate roadblocks.
- Evaluate and suggest alternatives.
- Support multiple projects and accommodate frequent interruptions and changing priorities
- 4-6 years of relevant experience
- Must have experience with Vulnerability assessment (Debuggers such as olly, windbg)
- Must have experience with reverse engineering
- Must have experience with at least one compiled language (C++ preferred)
- Strong problem-solving capabilities and exhibits strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Experience with network vulnerability assessment is a plus
- Experience with Mitre Attack techniques is a plus
- Experience with malware analysis and detection content writing is a plus
- Experience in blogging and research/ white paper presentation
- Excellent communication skills
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.