Senior Big Data DevOps EngineerPrimary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 04/05/2021
Job Title:Senior Big Data DevOps Engineer
Role Overview:The Senior Big Data DevOps Engineer will be a creative, innovative, and results-oriented person willing to go the extra mile in a fast-paced environment. Take ownership of the big data infrastructure in all the production and test environments.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the role:
- Design, build, deploy, maintain, and support big data infrastructure in production and test environments.
- Closely work with the Big Data Engineers to recognize the big picture and take initiative to solve the problem and improve the design.
- Stay up to date on relevant technologies, understand trends and opportunities to ensure we are using the best possible techniques and tools
- Identifies, recommends, coordinates, deliver timely knowledge to the globally distributed teams regarding technologies, processes, and tools
- Proactively identify and communicate roadblocks.
- Must have 8+ years hands-on experience in administering Hadoop eco-system with 3+ years experience using AWS cloud platform.
- Must have hands-on experience administering SQL and NoSQL data stores
- Ability to research and support a wide variety of open-source technologies and cloud services.
- Substantial work experience in Linux environment with good knowledge of Python or shell scripting.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity, along with excellent problem-solving skills, including the ability to disaggregate issues, identify root causes, and recommend solutions.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.