Senior Cloud Solutions EngineerPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Date posted 02/13/2020
Job Title:Senior Cloud Solutions Engineer
Part of a global team that is responsible for McAfee Cloud Services that enable protection at the endpoint products on a continuous basis. Playing a lead role in the architecture assessment and deployment of McAfee's cloud based solutions. Improving service quality through engineering best practices and by working with engineering, QA, IaaS, and product DevOps teams. Responsible for the supporting efforts that improve operational performance and availability of McAfee Production environments.
If you are passionate about running and continuously improving world class Cloud Platform Services, we are offering you a unique and great opportunity to build your career with us and gain experience working with high-performance Cloud systems.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the role :
- Work closely with global Engineering Teams, Security and Operations colleagues to ensure best practices are followed while designing new solutions and services.
- Design, implement, document and constantly improve tools, monitoring and automation to deploy and promote code across the different tiers of the software lifecycle
- Partners with engineering architects to develop a clear understanding of the application stacks that power services for McAfee.
- Leads the assessment and configuration/deployment of cloud-based solutions and ensure seamless deployment
- Provides recommendations and solutions for the challenges that arise throughout the planning and execution phases of application deployment.
- Focus on cost optimization efforts across McAfee cloud solutions
- Evaluates new technologies and leads efforts to introduce them into the environment as per business requirements.
- Partners with the DevOps team peers to ensure major decisions align with existing standards and lessons learned from earlier deployment.
- Troubleshoots and identifies root causes for issues in complex environments.
- Follows McAfee security best practices and policies.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested (or required).
About you :
- Eight or more years of hands-on working experience in building & supporting large scale environments
- Five or more years of professional work experience supporting complex technical solutions hosted in AWS.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work independently, deploying, testing and troubleshooting systems
- Experience working with and supporting production-level services within public cloud environments
- Strong production support background and experience of in-depth troubleshooting
- Experience using modern Monitoring and Alerting tools (Prometheus, Grafana, Alerta, Opsgenie etc.)
- Significant experience of developing and maintaining relationships with a wide range of customers at all levels
- Experience working with solutions in both Linux and Windows environments
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
- Experience creating automation using AWS Tools in Lambda, CloudFormation/Terraform or similar and building CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Containerization and associated management tools (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of ITIL (IT Service Management) – incident management, problem management, release management & Agile practices.
- Atleast one or more AWS Certifications
- Experienced with AWS Security (IAM, Security Groups, KMS, etc.)
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.