Senior Data Scientist and Machine Learning EngineerPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Date posted 05/26/2020
Job Title:Senior Data Scientist and Machine Learning Engineer
McAfee is looking for an experienced data scientist to work on our next-gen threat assessment platform. You will work with experienced developers, security researchers and data scientists to understand and implement solutions to the problems found in today’s fast-changing security landscape. You will also work with development teams in Oregon, UK and India as they maintain and extend our existing classification systems.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the role:
- You will collect and analyse data to spot trends and help us face the challenges of an evolving security landscape.
- Design, debug and test complex software in the field of data science.
- Manipulate large volumes of data, create new solutions for data collection, usage and malware classification. Work with team members (developers and malware researchers) to develop and review designs and requirements to analyse data and build ML models.
- Knowledge of security practises, procedures and capabilities to perform non-repetitive, work. You will report to the Engineering Manager.
- You have the following required skills:
- Display understanding of and ability to use programming languages: C++, Python, C#, and SQL. Have a knowledge of security research (malware analysis tools, filetypes), statistics, programming, data mining, machine learning, algorithms and advanced mathematics.
- Have ability to think and research creatively. Create“stories” told by the data and presents them to other scientists.
- 5+ years’ experience working in security research, data mining or natural language processing. Use predictive modelling, statistics, Machine Learning, Data Mining, and other data analysis techniques to collect and explore insights from structure and unstructured data .
- Develop software, algorithms and applications to apply mathematics to data, perform large-scale experimentation and build data-driven apps to translate data, solve a variety of business problems and ensure strategy. Assist business with casual inferences & observations with finding patterns , relationships in data.
- Have understanding of internal business segment (partners).
- Typically requires expertise in relational database structures, research methods, machine learning, Cloud-based technologies, Big Data technologies (i.e. Hadoop , HBase, Lucene/Solr), analytics packages (i.e. R, Mahout, Matlab, Octave, Weka), scripting languages (i.e. Python, Perl), programing languages (i.e. Java, C/C++, SQL).
- Typically have advanced degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, Operation Research, and Statistics or equivalent expertise.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.