Senior Data ScientistPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Date posted 07/20/2020
Job Title:Senior Data Scientist
As a senior data scientist of the Business Intelligence team, reporting into Senior Engineering Manager of Business Intelligence, the focus of this opportunity is to understand the business, product and develop insights using advanced data science algorithms from a cloud data infrastructure. You will work with global teams, engage with product, marketing and leadership teams to create insights out of data from cloud data store. You will work on data analysis, drive insights using statistical models, communicate insights around opportunities and anamolies.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
- You will understand the product, business and data processes.
- You will perform data analysis, discuss with leadership and partners to determine the focus area
- You will develop insights into opportunities of business growth, customer centricity, obsession and product insights using advanced data science statistical models
- Develop machine learning models that use our unique combination of threat data, user behaviour and subscription data to improve consumer value from our products
- Provide data-based intelligent personalization in all our touch points consumer including marketing, product and customer service
- Mine, analyse and build predictive and descriptive machine learning models on structured and unstructured data sources
- Use code (Python, R, Scala) for analysing data and building statistical models.
- Apply or design creative models for predictive learning, forecasting, recommendations, content ranking, and anomaly detection.
- Use machine learning to help us anticipate and cater to consumer's personalised needs for threat protection.
- Use data and machine learning to create unique and personalised experiences for consumers across multiple touch points with McAfee.
- Create algorithms for optimising consumer journey and increasing conversion and monetization
- Perform statistical analysis on the outputs of these machine learning models to help update, re-train, and then deploy new ML models
- Contribute to the creation, deployment, and scaling of machine learning and predictive algorithms in a production environment
- You will report to Engineering Manager
- Help identify new opportunities for applying machine learning and statistics-based models for improved customer and outcomes
- You have 5+ years of experience as a data scientist.
- You are proficient in designing, analysing and troubleshooting controlled experiments (causal A/B tests, multivariate tests).
- You have knowledge and specialist at mentoring other team members in the use of data science tools such as R, Python, SQL, MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive and Big Data technologies.
- Experience with applied machine learning (like scikit-learn) and deep learning frameworks (like Keras, tesorflow or PyTorch).
- Experience in optimization mathematics (linear programming, nonlinear optimization)
- Experience working with large amounts of structured and unstructured data in a consumer-facing online business required.
- You have experience with machine learning.
- Experience with natural language processing (NLP) and text mining.
- Experience with statistical modelling, and hypothesis testing.
- A track record for creating raw data and analysis into well-written content.
- You are a specialist in gathering requirements, prioritisation, and leading projects.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.