Senior Database AdministratorPrimary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 05/03/2021
Job Title:Senior Database Administrator
Role Overview:The Consumer DevOps Team at McAfee is looking for a Senior Database administrator focused on RDBMS and No-SQL databases and public cloud data technologies to help design our growing environments. You will report into Database ops manager.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
- Directly work with the technical architects and drive database infrastructure solutions.
- Develop and perform complex software installations and configuration changes.
- Assist more junior database administrators with complex operational maintenance activities.
- Lead technical design activities, produce sizing estimates, consult on testing plans, and participate in all related software build and deployment activities.
- Establish strategies for backups, migration of database changes, and longer term system growth.
- Long-term planning for scalability of the database infrastructure.
- Lead performance analysis and tuning of the databases and applications.
- Develop health checks/monitors for monitoring systems
- Maintain the build, management and deployment framework and participate in the design and documentation of this environment
- Use monitoring and troubleshooting tools to restore service
About the Role:
- 7+ years of RDBMS and NO-SQL database Support
- You have experience with complex database migrations, including version upgrades for SQL server and Cassandra database
- Expert level troubleshooting experience and skillset with transactional databases
- Expert level understanding of windows and unix/Linux operating system
- Expert level understanding in setup, configuring ,managing and maintaining AWS infrastructure and managing AWS managed services like DynamoDB ,Aurora
- 3+ years of public cloud experience with AWS
- Primary experience in AWS management and Database administration with knowledge of RDBMS management (sql server ) and No-SQL (Cassandra)
- Stay informed of the latest database and related technologies and provide feedback and recommendations to peers and management
- You have experience with SQL server architecture and availability features like Availability group ,mirroring and replication
- You have experience with Cassandra implementation and management.
- Experience in encryption methodologies
- Experience with monitoring tools like AppD ,OpsCenter ,Idera Diagnostic Manager and SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer
- Recognize patterns of problems, issues, or opportunities and resolve them on a scale larger than incident, e.g., problem management.
- Expertise in sizing, designing and tunning database.
- Have experience with microservices architecture and container platforms like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Relational database experience preferred (MySQL ,Postgress and public cloud RDBMS implementations).
- Review, test, deploy and upgrade versions of for databases on Prem and AWS
- Have a understanding and follow data cleansing and data integrity expectations.
- Experience with Kerberos, Windows AD and security practices for databases
- Establish a standard for infrastructure requirements, build and implementation for databases across RDBMS and NO-SQL technologies on Prem and AWS
- Take care of configuring ,implementing and driving the security patching and software vulnerability fixes
- Working Knowledge of DevOps tooling like GitHub, Terraform, Jenkins
- Experience managing AWS components like SG ,VPC ,Patch manager,S3,Lambda
- Experience with Shell and python scripting skills
- Have experience working in important production support environment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.