Senior Linux AdministratorPrimary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 09/13/2021
Job Title:Senior Linux Administrator
Role Overview:This is a great opportunity for an experienced Linux Administrator to join our team in India! As a gatekeeper to our systems , you will be responsible for building, troubleshooting, and administrating Linux web servers for McAfee. If you are a Linux administrator expert who enjoys problem solving and believes in strong teamwork, this is for you!
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
About the role:
- To design, implement, and maintaining computer-based, open-source systems to meet business requirements.
- You will build systems and deployment automation of customer-facing, web-based, application services.
- Other activities include deployment of server environments from development to production, designing comprehensive system monitors, developing scripted automation, problem solving of system issues through log analysis and troubleshooting, and responding to business requests or events as they occur.
- You will also have the hands-on opportunity for any infrastructure documentation, new technology exploration, capacity/performance projection, and server cost estimation.
- Linux Systems Engineers should have a wide knowledge of open-source technologies, enjoy complex problem solving, be self-disciplined, communicate effectively, and demonstrate a high level of skill in Linux system administration.
- You have 5+ years of Linux Administrator experience preferably in the areas of Web Server Experience (Nginx, TomEE, Apache, Resin, or Tomcat); Scripting / Automation Experience; Adobe Experience Manager or other Content Management System (CMS)
- Experience in Redhat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), Azure, CI/CD Technologies and/or Public Cloud services Amazon AWS experience will be advantageous
- Demonstrated experience of Linux System Administration such as CentOS, Fedora, Ubuntu, Debian, Oracle Linux, SUSE, or other Unix distribution will also be considered
- You possess intermediate knowledge of Shell Programming or Scripting Automation: Ruby, Python, PERL, BASH, or similar
- Good knowledge of Linux package RPM management utilities and version control systems such as: YUM, GIT, SVN, or APT is preferred
- You are attentive to detail, able to effectively document accurate business requirements and collaborate with McAfee team members on infrastructure design
- You have skills in deploying and supporting large-scale and customer-critical systems
- You are a natural collaborator and action orientated. You have the ability to work with cross-functional teams including Engineering, Development, Marketing and Quality Assurance(QA) and to follow up on feedback to achieve positive outcomes
- You have effective verbal and written communication skills to be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences;
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.