Senior SDETPrimary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 02/21/2021
Job Title:Senior SDET
Role Overview:McAfee is hiring for candidates who thrive on challenge and can work independently to ensure high quality of mission critical platform and applications on QA automation.
You will design test automation solutions and tools to conduct functional testing.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the role :
- You will review product requirements, specifications and technical design documents and provide accurate feedback to ensure that software is written in a testable and supportable fashion
- You will improve the existing automation frameworks forward to benefit automation across multiple platforms and may be asked to create new frameworks depending on the need
- You will write Test Automation code to validate our enterprise management platform products set from a functional, performance and security perspective
- You will interact with development team and work towards resolving bugs, ensuring that the product meets the quality and usability expectation.
- You will be participating in Code Inspections along with development team, identify and document products defects that will help resolve the defects.
- You will need to author test cases and test code combined with test execution
- You will measure code coverage of the automation tests to identify areas of focus and produce dashboards to provide data to the team
- You will debug and troubleshoot on-prem and cloud environments.
About you :
- 7+ years working as a Software QA Automation Engineer or Software Development Engineer in Test
- Hands-on current experience authoring, building and adopting large-scale, automation frameworks with well-balanced coverage across UI, functional, API and back-end cloud integration (including end-to-end automation.
- Integrate test automation into CI/CD process and instrumenting full SDLC automation with Jenkins or Team City specifically cloud testing execution (AWS) with reporting tools such a as Jira
- Demonstrable experience in writing clean code quickly and Proficient in Python/Shell scripting.
- A proven track record of shipping high quality and scalable software.
- Added advantage if hands-on with C++ & Java
- Understanding of networking is a strong plus.
- Experienced in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- Knowledge of bug tracking system like JIRA
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both within a team and cross-group to drive identification and resolution of issues to ship under tight deadlines along with being able to drive features into the product.
- Understanding of Linux Operating system & comfortable with basic administration.
- Technical know-how of source code systems like Github.
- Understanding of Code Review & Inspection process. Knowledge of Code Review tools such as Code Collaborator
- Knowledge of RESTful architecture & usage of REST API is desirable.
- Understanding of Cloud Computing, Virtualization is preferable.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.