Senior Software Development Engineer-C/C++Primary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Date posted 07/30/2020
Job Title:Senior Software Development Engineer-C/C++
McAfee is hiring for Senior software development engineer to develop security software on Linux with proficiency in C, C++, Operating system internals, device drivers, compilers, user and kernel debugging. We are looking for someone who can work in developing and optimising compilers, operating systems, and other software technologies.
About the role :
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
- You will Develop product code for Linux Distros and Kernel Updates
- You will handle Modifications to Linux kernel and writing new kernel modules
- You will Work on both embedded and non-embedded Linux Programme in C/C++ and assembly languages
- You will Work with Open Source community on both Linux Kernel and Userland packages
- You will Work on File systems and drivers Technically lead the team on development and debugging
- You will do Technical analysis of changes in Distro and Kernel Updates
- You will report to the Engineering Manager.
About you :
- You have 10+Years of technical experience.
- You have deep expertise in working on Linux kernel
- Experience in debugging tool chain for Linux.
- Good debugging skills including crash analysis, memory analysis, race conditions, memory corruption.
- Good C++ and assembly programming skills
- Strong understanding of SDLC processes
- Expertise to BSD or Linux Kernel programming
- Exposure to performance engineering will be good.
- Work experience on vSphere/ESX will be appreciated.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.