Senior Software Development EngineerPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Date posted 02/14/2020
Job Title:Senior Software Development Engineer
We are looking for a new team member who is passionate about software development has a strong interest in cyber security and data protection, and wants to join our collaborative team to help drive the high quality of our corporate encryption product family. This role will report an Engineering Manager within the Consumer MISP Team.
Working at our Bangalore development center, you will exhibit a deep understanding of software testing and validation, be able to think like a user to define and code creative test scenarios and have the capability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the role:
Develops software as the primary job function:-
- 1.Implement code per the design and solution specifications provided by architects on Backend.
- 2.Deliver on time with quality in a date driven and highly competitive environment.
- 3.Provide timely, clear and accurate responses to management on status and technical questions.
- 4.Co-develop and perform debugging with partners.
- 5.Develop and debug complex problems on Backend and cloud platforms.
- 6. Participate and conduct ongoing peer code reviews.
- 7. Collaborate and work with other engineering teams within McAfee to merge code back into mainstream.
- 8. Comply with coding standards and best engineering practices.
- You should have at least 6 years experience in large designs and coordinating software engineering project teams.
- You should have at least 5 years of experience in diverse facets of .NET development, design, development, testing, deployment and execution of business applications.
- You should have expertise includes development of distributed multi–tier Client/Server applications in C#, MVC, WEB APIs, WCF, Windows Services, RESTful/SOAP Web services, web forms, IIS and web–based solutions.
- You should have expertise in relational database design, data extraction, transformation, functions, writing procedures, SQL jobs, triggers from large and complex data sources using MS SQL Server (SQL, T-SQL).
- Strong background in full lifecycle of projects - architecture, development, testing, deployment and configuration.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems.
- Must be a strong team player.
- Experience in product evaluation/assessment projects to identify, compare and contrast feature functionality.
- Demonstrated experience with Cloud infrastructure.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and respond to changing requirements and environment.
- You should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be organized, have an eye for detail, and be able to put ideas into a tangible form
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.