Senior Software Development EngineerPrimary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 03/11/2021
Job Title:Senior Software Development Engineer
Role Overview:We are seeking a Senior Software Development Engineer to work on the McAfee Endpoint Security product line for Linux.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the role :
- Have technical leadership experience.
- Have worked closely with Product Management to understand product requirements and customer problems.
- Have worked tightly with QA team to ensure the high quality outcomes for your product.
- Have collaborated with support to get product feedback and help solve customer problems.
- Analyze complex real world data usage scenarios, research and apply the best solution possible
- You are a developer with the primary responsibility of effective assurance of product quality through excellent coding techniques, code inspections, peer reviews, unit testing and other forms of engineering excellence. It is a unique and challenging role that calls for a strong passion for quality and technology, while providing an immense opportunity to design and develop world-class security products.
About you :
- At least 7-10 years of experience in product development including design and development tasks along with Code review / bug analysis / Testing.
- A proven track record of developing/shipping high quality, scalable software in Linux, or *NIX platforms
- Should have programming, debugging experience, and excellent problem solving skills. Proven knowledge of debugging using tools like gdb and crash.
- Expertise in C++, C, Linux Kernel Programming, Multithreading, IPC, System Programming and UML as well as solid understanding of basic CS concepts is must.
- Should be able to write Unit Tests.
- Knowledge of Linux internals.
- Familiar with Test Driven Development concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both within a team and cross-group to drive identification and resolution of issues to ship under tight deadlines along with being able to drive features into the product.
- Must be highly motivated with a strong passion for and commitment to software quality
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.