Senior Software Engineer - RouterPrimary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 01/13/2022
Role Overview:Looking for a router/embedded software development engineer who
can design and develop on embedded platforms using C/C++ and is proficient with Linux.
About the role:
- Design and development on embedded platforms using C/C++ on Linux etc.
- Creating detailed design specifications.
- Research and innovation on the embedded platform to find solutions to challenging technical problems.
- Participation in an Agile Development in SCRUM method.
- Min. 8-11 years of software development experience
- Min. 3+ years of experience on embedded platforms involving routers, gateways or other networking enabled devices.
- Hands-on and proficient in C/C++ on embedded platforms.
- Sound understanding of Networking Concepts and configuration Layer 2-4,
- Sound understanding of IP tables, routers, bridges
- Sound understanding of protocols such as DNS, HTTP, SSL
- Sound expertise in Linux. Scripting, Debugging & Troubleshooting.
- Experience with packet sniffing tools such as Wireshark and tcpdump
- Experience with OpenWRT will be an advantage
- Experience with IPv6 will be an advantage
- Understanding of Firewalls, IDS is preferable.
- Excellent knowledge in OOAD, Component Oriented Software Design, OO & design patterns.
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.