Senior Software Engineer/Technical LeaderPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Date posted 09/10/2019
Job Title:Senior Software Engineer/Technical Leader
The McAfee Web Gateway Unit within McAfee is chartered with the mission of ensuring the leadership position in the Cloud Security market. The end-to-end software engineering team based in Bangalore is focused on designing and building the best-in-class network security products for use by enterprise customers. The team provides security software solutions that is fully integrated with the entire security threat life cycle for McAfee’s enterprise customers. This world class engineering team is renowned for developing optimized high performance system software solutions with high availability and reliability.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role :
- Write code per product requirements
- Own and maintain high-quality code for the cloud console that provisions, reports and orchestrates security in cloud
- Provide technical guidance to a team of engineers working on software ground up
- Being aware of current technology trends & factoring this into current design and implementation
- Recognize big picture, take initiative to solve the problem and improve design
- Fix bugs quickly, with an eye for quality
- Review code changes from other developers on parts of a product source code
- Demonstrate your code is complete by finding creative ways to develop test automation
- Work in Agile development
About you :
- 10+ years of experience in management and reporting software product development
- Ability to lead a team of engineers on technical front
- Experience in designing and developing cloud based applications, working with Ux teams
- Full stack developer who is well versed with design and development of different tiers of software product.
- Strong programming skills in Angular, Python, Typescript, Core Java, java script and web based technologies
- Expertise in web technologies such as JEE, REST, Spring
- Experience with any UI framework like Angular, TypeScript, JQuery, ExtJS etc.
- Demonstratable skills in database concepts, algorithms and design patterns
- Should have excellent debugging, troubleshooting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be an excellent problem solver, creative thinker and self-motivated
- Good to have knowledge of computer networking, protocols and software security
- Prior experience working on big data and network virtualization technologies
- Preferable to have experience in continuous delivery environment using test driven development
- Prior experience working on software security products is a plus
- Exhibited innovation and learning by way of presenting papers, attending conferences, technical training/certifications and filing patents
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Shift 1 (India)