Senior Software EngineerPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Date posted 11/18/2020
Job Title:Senior Software Engineer
At McAfee, our mission is to protect all that matters through leading edge cybersecurity, from your workplace to your home and everywhere in between. Our eCommerce platform team is passionate about building solutions to help acquire new users and retain existing customers using our digital marketing technology to personalize their user journeys to help them buy and renew their cyber security software.
We're looking for a senior software engineer to join our Engineering team. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, you will help build a world class digital marketing platform to acquire and retain existing customers using an omni-channel strategy via emails, push notifications, and landing pages by an integration of 3rd party technologies and home grown platforms. You can expect to lead major features and projects on the platform while working with an open and collaborative team.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
- You will build products that support scaling our customer acquisition and retention efforts and user data pipeline
- Develop multi-tier scalable, high-volume performing, and reliable user-centric applications that operate 24x7
- Develop micro-services and build applications in the cloud (AWS)
- Partner with Product Managers, Interaction Designers and Growth engineers to build software in an agile development environment using Scrum best practices
- Produce high-quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed
- Promote and perform best engineering practices; help mentor other engineers
- Identify leverage and promote opportunities to improve engineering productivity and guide velocity towards outcomes
- 7+ years experience building user facing web applications in languages like C#, C++, Python, Java, Microsoft .NET framework.
- Experience working with RESTful APIs and general service oriented architectures
- 5+ years design/implementation/consulting experience building cloud solutions using cloud computing platforms such as AWS, Azure or GCP
- Have familiarity with Marketing Technology products (Salesforce cloud, marketing cloud, Adobe cloud), analytics products, CRM products, social media
- Take ownership of their work and is a true team-player; someone that looks for opportunities to collaborate and mentor other engineers in the team
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.