Senior Software EngineerPrimary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 04/15/2021
Job Title:Senior Software Engineer
Role Overview:At McAfee, we live for the challenge of protecting and liberating our customers by staying ahead of the bad guys in our search for safe. And in a world where computing devices are everywhere, delivering on this mission has become imperative. There has never been a better time to be part of McAfee! We are working on new products that are built on cutting edge technologies. Do you want to work in a fun and challenging area with passionate and creative people dedicated to protecting end-users as they enjoy their digital life? If the answer is yes, then this role is for you!
Most consumers today use home gateway and other devices provided through multiple ISPs to connect their digital devices to the internet. Home Gateway team intends to build a consumer security software solution on the home gateway. On a broader level the group attempts to gain entry into the IOT segment and open up the possibilities of securing large number of consumer IOT devices.
We aspire to hire a software developer to help us build a consumer software security solution on the home gateway.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
- Experience with embedded platforms using C/C++ on Linux, bash scripts
- Create detailed design specifications.
- Research and progress on the embedded platform.
- Participation in an Agile Development in SCRUM method.
- A prior understanding of the software stack for home gateway viz. WRT would be a big plus.
- You will work report to the Engineering Manager.
- 6+ years of software development experience
- Min. 3+ years of experience on embedded platforms involving routers, gateways or other networking enabled devices.
- Hands-on and proficient in C/C++ on embedded platforms.
- Experience with Networking Concepts and configuration Layer 2-4,
- Experience with IP tables, routers, bridges
- Experience with protocols such as DNS, HTTP, SSL
- Sound expertise in Linux. Scripting, Debugging & Troubleshooting.
- Experience with packet sniffing tools such as Wireshark and tcpdump
- Experience with OpenWRT will be an advantage
- Experience with IPv6 will be an advantage
- Understanding of Firewalls, IDS is preferable.
- Excellent knowledge in OOAD, Component Oriented Software Design, OO and design patterns.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.