Senior System EngineerPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Date posted 08/09/2019
Job Title:Senior System Engineer
We are seeking a highly motivated, energetic System Engineer with strong communication skills to lead an in-depth review of McAfee Enterprise Endpoint Products. Ideal candidate will analyze system architectural and implementation trade-offs. Ideal candidate will work with Product Teams, System Architect and Product Architects to identify product quality or performance hotspots.
This role requires that you have strong communication, persuasion and negotiation skills, in addition to being comfortable with working through ambiguities. Based in our Bangalore, India office, you will work cross-functionally with the product, engineering and analytics teams that is globally distributed.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role :
- Development of end to end flows and models for product feature, performance and measurement for overall product optimization
- Analysis of product architectural decisions and trade-offs (performance, maintainability and quality)
- Deep collaboration with cross-functional teams to build product optimization plan
- Strong Development (C/C++) and debugging skills
- Windows internals programming is a must
- Knowledge of Linux and Mac internals skill is a plus
- Network Programming skill is a plus.
- Security experience is a plus.
- Agile software development experience is preferred.
About you :
- Ability to structure / work on exploratory problems, with innovating approach and creative solutions
- Ability to work independently and proactively, identifying issues and raising them to management, as well as offering potential solutions
- Strong business sense and strategic thinking
- Ability to build and present evidence based stories
- Must be comfortable with uncertainty. Flexibility to changing priorities and timelines is key
- Able to work with different product teams, across multiple time zones and countries, to communicate findings and practices company-wide
- Self-starter with an inquisitive personality who constantly enjoys trying new things
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Shift 1 (India)