Senior Techincal LeadPrimary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 10/10/2021
Role Overview:McAfee is seeking an experienced and self-motivated individual to assume the Staff Engineer role in the Engineering Team. As a Staff Engineer, the successful candidate will build a world class highly scalable cloud security platform using cutting-edge technologies in a fast-paced work environment. You will be part of a fast paced high caliber team solving challenging problems bridging cloud, infrastructure and security.
This position is an integral part of the McAfee Enterprise business segment which was acquired by Symphony Technology Group (STG) in July 2021. McAfee Enterprise and its team members remain committed to keeping governments and enterprises safe. This position is dedicated to and part of the McAfee Enterprise business.
About the Role:
- Write code per product requirements.
- Own and maintain high-quality code for the cloud console that provisions, reports and orchestrates security in cloud.
- Being aware of current technology trends & factoring this into current design and implementation.
- Recognize big picture, take initiative to solve the problem and improve design.
- Fix bugs quickly, with an eye for quality..
- Review code changes from other developers on parts of a product source code.
- Demonstrate your code is complete by finding creative ways to develop test automation.
- Work in Agile development.
About You :
- You have 8+Years of experience with strong programming skills in Java
- Must have experience writing production quality code, preferably in a product based company.
- Good understanding of core programming constructs.
- Understand existing code and independently develop code from design.
- Strong debugging skills using various java debugging tools and strategies
- Good understanding of Object Oriented design and design patterns.
- Ability to design and document Class Diagrams, Sequence flows etc.
- Good knowledge of Data structures and Algorithms.
- Extensive experience with database technologies – mysql, postrges etc and nosql databases like elastic search
- Working knowledge of any one of the IaaS platforms AWS, Azure and GCP.
- Good communication skills. Good command on English and can effectively explain complex scenarios.
- Working knowledge of at least two popular Java based open source frameworks Working knowledge of frameworks such as, Spring, Hibernate, REST(Jersey, Retrofit etc), JSON(jackson, GSON etc), Jetty, Netty, Tomcat, Hadoop.
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.