Technical Support EngineerPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Additional Locations Date posted 12/19/2018
As a Sr Technical Support Engineer, you will be assisting SHN customers to resolve their technical issues in timely manner. This position requires someone who enjoys interacting with customers, and cross functional teams to drive customer issues to resolution.
- Interact with the Skyhigh customers via phone/email and provide the highest level of urgency to resolve customer issues in timely maner.
- Provide remote support on our product and resolve product related issues during POC & post-deployment phase, through research and troubleshooting.
- Debugging system level problems in a multi-vendor, multi-protocol network environment with high- level technical expertise on complex issues.
- Work closely with Support Escalation engineers to resolve critical issues
- Evaluate the scope for timely escalation and ensure that critical problems are addressed as per the priority.
- Document all technical issues, analysis and communication with the customer and ensure that the documentation is crystal clear with action items, CTAs etc
- Excellent communication and customer management skills
- Good understanding of OSI Model, TCP/IP protocol suite (IP, ICMP, TCP, UDP, SNMP, FTP, TFTP,SMTP).
- Excellent understanding on application layer protocols (HTTP-HTTPs/SSL), PKI,Network Security – Firewalls/Proxy and SIEMs
- Understanding of cloud platforms like Azure, O365 suite, AWS, Salesforce is desired
- Good understanding of Linux/Unix
- Knowledge of Java and SQL is a plus
- Scripting language (e.g. Perl, python) is a plus
- 7+ years of technical support experience in large enterprise space with solid understanding of technical support processes, customer management/handling skills & ability to work under pressure and in shifts .
- The ideal candidate will be an die-hard Engineer, who is a self-starter, with excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, documentation, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Quality focus, result & goal orientation in a group situation and commitment to customer delight are a must.
- Sound fundamentals of TCP/IP, HTTPs,SSO-SAML, SAAS understanding and in-depth knowledge of Networking & Security Concepts.
- Should be flexible to work in shift.
Shift 1 (India)
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.