Snr. Engineering ManagerPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Additional Locations Date posted 03/18/2019
Business Introduction (Bangalore centre)
The McAfee mission is simple: to relentlessly protect all that matters through leading edge cyber security, from your workplace to your home and everywhere in between.
Working across the entire consumer and corporate cyber security space - including cloud, network and endpoint security, data and web protection, to name a few - and utilizing our world-class threat and malware research, McAfee is laser focused on designing and building the best-in-class, robust and scalable security products for consumer and enterprise customers. As industry top performers, we develop optimized high-performance system software solutions with high availability and reliability.
This is where you come in.
We are looking for an experienced engineering leader who is passionate about building cloud based services and applications, has a strong interest in cyber-security and data protection, and wants to join our team as a Senior Engineering Manager to help our data protection product family reach for the cloud.
Not a week goes by without reports of data breaches and leaks of customer data from large corporations – our encryption products protect against data loss and are deployed worldwide in large organizations in both public and private sectors.
Working at our Bangalore development centre, you will bring your enthusiasm, knowledge and experience to lead an end-to-end team responsible for building, testing, deploying and maintaining our data protection cloud services.You will work closely with our product engineering teams in the UK and other sites, helping them integrate the services that you build into the product line.
In a world where large data breaches are becoming more frequent, we are offering you a rare opportunity to influence and contribute to an interesting and critical part of McAfee’s enterprise business that protects our customers’ data (and that of their customers).
Roles and responsibilities
- Reporting into the Director of engineering for the enterprise encryption product line, you will manage a team of software professionals including but not limited to developers and technical leaders.
- Working closely with the wider data protection team, you will be responsible for delivery, operationalisation and maintenance of cloud services throughout the entire software lifecycle.
- You will work with Product Managers, Engineering Managers and Architects to define product and engineering roadmaps.
- You will create and deliver coherent engineering plans into the project governance process, and be responsible for execution and tracking to ensure successful delivery against those plans.
- You will be required to provide architectural and technical guidance, and ensure that sound engineering practices are followed.
- You will provide direction and goals to the team and interact with stakeholders both internal and external.
- You will collaborate with cross-functional managers and leaders to prioritize features and plan for software and service updates.
- You will be the driver of engineering excellence in all facets of software lifecycle and responsible for tracking engineering efficiency using relevant metrics.
- You will mentor and guide the team to make sound engineering decisions, improve code quality and encourage the team to get out of their comfort zone, whilst working with team members to grow.
- You will be responsible for hiring exceptional talent into the team.
- Proven 10+ years of management experience in product development engineering organizations with at-least 18 years of software industry experience.
- Proven ability in change management and guide the development organization through strategic business decisions.
- Experience leading cloud engineering teams with top notch software engineers, guiding them in architectural and design decisions.
- Experience of leading teams which build, deploy and maintain high-availability cloud services built in Java, using industry standard components (e.g. Spring) and AWS technologies
- Proven ability to hire and retain top industry talent.
- Experience working with geographically distributed cross-functional stakeholders.
- Strong technical experience in cloud software engineering
- Experience coaching junior managers and technical leaders to bring out the best in them.
- Industry experience working on enterprise class networking, security or storage software solutions.
- Experience in leading organizations through Agile transformation
To relentlessly protect all that matters through leading edge cyber security, from your workplace to your home and everywhere in between.
To enable a world where cyber security is so consistent, reliable and effective that it becomes a trusted foundation in our lives – like clean air and water. Our technology enables the world to fully realize the transformative power of the digital age, by protecting all that matters. By doing our job well, we drive limitless innovation, securely.
We live our values day in and day out, do you think you can live our values with us? If you can, don’t think, just connect with us. Together is power.
- We achieve Excellence with Speed and Agility
- We Play to Win or Don’t Play
- We Innovate without Fear
- We Practice Inclusive Candor and Transparency
- We Put the Customer at the Core
McAfee is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Shift 1 (India)
EMB2 - India - Bangalore Embassy Golflinks
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.