SOC AnalystPrimary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 11/17/2021
Role Overview:We are building a world class Security Operations Center (SOC) in Bangalore. Are you good at identifying & responding to security incidents, driving engineering efforts to minimize risk and skilled at threat hunting? If yes, then come and join us at the McAfee SOC as an Information Security Specialist.
As an InfoSec Specialist, you will work as part of McAfee’s Security Operations Center to be the first line of defense. You will use various defense tools to conduct analysis, identify security incidents, help strengthen security controls and work with cross-functional teams with a customer-oriented approach to ensure that a secure workspace is provided to McAfee’s workforce.
About the role:
- Perform event correlation using information gathered from a variety of sources to gain situational awareness to detect, confirm, contain, remediate, and recover from attacks.
- Provide timely detection, identification, and alerting of possible attacks/intrusions, anomalous activities, and misuse activities and distinguish these incidents and events from benign activities.
- Analyze identified malicious activity to determine weaknesses exploited, exploitation methods, effects on system and information; Perform root cause analysis to determine tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) for intrusions.
- Assist in the construction of signatures or indicators of compromise (IOCs) which can be implemented on cyber defense network tools in response to new or observed threats
- Notify SOC managers and cyber incident responders of suspected cyber incidents and articulate the event's history, status, and potential impact for further action in accordance with the cyber incident response plan and procedures.
- Exercise user-oriented approach while handling security incidents to ensure that user impact is minimized as much as possible, and the situation is well articulated to users
- Document ongoing incidents, after action reports and escalate incidents
- Provides cybersecurity recommendations to leadership based on significant threats and vulnerabilities.
- Work with cross-functional teams to resolve computer security incidents and vulnerability compliance.
- Support Incident Response efforts - evidence collection, documentation, communications, and reporting.
- Responsible for the enforcement of corporate information security policies to protect McAfee's information assets and intellectual property.
- Lead or contribute to security risk assessments that determine threats, consequences, and vulnerabilities to key assets, products, and services
- Recommend and drive additional security controls to meet current and future needs
- You have 3-5 years+ of experience in application of cybersecurity principles and risk management basics to mitigate risk leading efforts during one or more phases of Incident Response Lifecycle.
- Taken initiatives to drive improvements for security technologies and processes
- Working knowledge of the Security Operation Center (SOC) & the Information Security Common Body of Knowledge and best practices
- Good understanding of and like to remain aware of recent cyber risks and threats.
- Preferred certifications: GCIH, GCFA, CEH, Network+, Security+, cloud service provider certifications or equivalent industry standard certifications
- You are willing to work on rotating shifts and weekends
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.