Software ArchitectPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Date posted 11/18/2019
Job Title:Software Architect
Software architect is responsible for the technical direction of a project. Makes high level design choices for the software structure, frameworks, protocols, and algorithms. Determines coding practices, development tools, and validation requirements. Performs pathfinding and surveys technologies. Interacts with multiple technologists in the company and within the industry as well as between developers and project managers to evaluate feasibility of requirements and determine priorities for development.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Role:
- Architects at McAfee are responsible for driving Technology & Good Practices in Engineering in their respective teams. We are a rapidly growing & constantly improving organization. We seek very high levels of ownership in all individuals, especially roles like this – ownership of systems in your team and their impact on the entire McAfee eco-system. Going beyond your role & contributing to make the organization & business better is an expectation.
- Discovers opportunities to improve systems, processes and enterprises through data analytics
- Implements solutions to complex problems using Machine Learning and Optimization Algorithms
- Being responsible for Scaling, Performance & Quality for the team.
- Setting up best practices to help the team achieve the above and constantly thinking about improving the technology use are your responsibilities. Driving the adoption of these best practices around coding, design, quality, performance in your team.
- Experiment with new & relevant technologies and tools, and drive adoption while measuring yourself on the impact you are able to create.
- Implementation of long-term technology vision for your team.
- Responsible for the architecture of your product; ensuring it is aligned to the requirements and the charter.
- Active participant in technology forums & represent McAfee in external forums.
- Drive technology & tool choices for your team & be responsible for them.
- Nurture talent
- Over 10+ years of experience in software development and 3+ years of experince in architecting technical solutions
- Proven experince in utilizing mathematical optimization, Machine Learning & Data Science in modelling and improving business KPIs is a must. Expert-level knowledge of R/Python and other ML tools & techniques.
- Still hands-on and interested in designing and writing code
- Quick & Excellent Problem Solving skills for complex & large scale problems.
- Technical Breadth – Exposure to a wide variety of problem spaces, technologies.
- Very Strong System design and OO skills with a nifty ability to craft clean interfaces and operate at theright levels of abstraction.
- Solid coding skills with ability to drive teams through massive refactoring exercise & improve coding standards across large code bases.
- Expert-level knowledge, understanding & experience of working with a large variety of multi-tier
architectures. Awareness of pitfalls & use cases for a large variety of solutions.
- Good understanding & experience of high performance web scale & real-time response systems.
- Experience & exposure to a variety of large scale persistent systems including large databases.
- Architectural & Design Choices, Deep knowledge on one or more tech stacks, identify
- alternative tech choices and trade-offs
- Excellent Mentoring skills – Be the technical mentor to your team.
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.