Software ArchitectPrimary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 10/10/2021
Role Overview:McAfee Enterprise is seeking QA Architect to provide technical leadership for its portfolio level testing.
This position is an integral part of the McAfee Enterprise business segment which was acquired by Symphony Technology Group (STG) in July 2021. McAfee Enterprise and its team members remain committed to keeping governments and enterprises safe. This position is dedicated to and part of the McAfee Enterprise business.
About the role :
- Develop and drive a high-level QA strategy, as well as take a hands-on approach to implementing strategy.
- Develop customized testing strategies that maximize test coverage while minimizing execution effort by applying metrics driven approach for test effectiveness measurement
- Identify risks and proactively mitigate and communicate to leadership & rest of the team
- Provide Development and testing leadership and guidance to the team by architecting testing solutions, help resolve technical problems, and challenges
- Delivering POC to full functional implementation of QA Improvement tool and processes.
- Act as a quality champion by striving for excellence and driving continual improvements within the team to ensure McAfee’s customer experience is consistent and meeting our standards across all customer touch points
- Establish procedures that produce high quality customer satisfaction, experience and loyalty that exceeds customer and industry standards
- Create innovative ways to receive and track actionable customer feedback.
- Ability to comprehend complex cloud and on-prem solutions to identify portfolio level integration points to articulate required validation efforts
- Forward looking to identify gaps in test coverage and propose solutions to implement as the future roadmap of improvements
About you :
- 12+ years of related software engineering experience with at least 3+ years having been in a QA Technical Leadership capacity.
- Should have strong debugging experience and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to coach and mentor a team
- Good knowledge and hands-on experience of test tools and automation frameworks. Python programming experience is preferred.
- Good knowledge of testing methodologies, knowledge of different testing types and overall product life cycle
- Should have hands-on experience on Test planning, Customer Use case development, requirement-to-testcase mapping, Test case writing, Defect logging and tracking, with excellent debugging skills.
- Deep understanding of the current state of the art infrastructure automation and continuous integration/deployment.
- Experience in performance testing, scalability testing is a plus.
- Experience in Security Domain (Antivirus, Data Loss Prevention, Network Filter) is a plus
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.