Software Automation EngineerPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Date posted 08/09/2019
Job Title:Software Automation Engineer
We are looking for a new team member who is passionate about software testing, has a strong interest in cyber-security and data protection, and wants to join our team as a Software QA Automation Engineer to help drive the high quality of our corporate encryption product family.
Working at our Bangalore development centre, you will exhibit a deep understanding of software testing and validation, be able to think like a user and code like a coder in order to define and code creative test scenarios, and have the capability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role :
- You will write Test Automation code to efficiently validate our enterprise data protection product set from a functional, scale, performance and security perspective
- You will use Python and other languages (as appropriate) when you are coding test cases, along with technologies such as (but not limited to) VNC, OCR and virtualization
- You will work within a Bangalore/UK development team to create automated test strategies
- You will define detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases which are streamlined for automation
- You will actively measure code coverage of the automation tests in order to identify areas of focus, and other metrics to identify areas of brittleness in the automation code, producing dashboards to provide data to the team
- You will propose and create innovative solutions to automating software testing in a performant and scalable fashion
- You will need to identify and document product defects that you find, and work closely with the development team to help them resolve the defects
- You will write automated regression tests to ensure that defects to not reoccur
- We will help you stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- We will ask you to help optimize the software testing process and procedures to make them more efficient
About you :
- Experience in a Software Test Automation role programming in Python
- Exposure to variety of Operating Systems (Windows Server, Windows desktop, Mac)
- Experience of TestComplete, Selenium, PyWinAuto or similar Test Automation frameworks
- Experience of Gherkin for BDD
- Excellent partnership and interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and the ability to collaborate with internal and external parties including Dev and QA teams, Program/Product managers, Technical Publications and other Project Stakeholders.
- A keen interest/experience in improving efficiency in software testing.
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Shift 1 (India)