Software Developer – Cloud TechnologiesPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Additional Locations Date posted 03/18/2019
Job Description - Software Developer – Cloud Technologies
Business Introduction (Bangalore centre)
The McAfee mission is simple: to relentlessly protect all that matters through leading edge cyber security, from your workplace to your home and everywhere in between.
Working across the entire consumer and corporate cyber security space - including cloud, network and endpoint security, data and web protection, to name a few - and utilizing our world-class threat and malware research, McAfee is laser focused on designing and building the best-in-class, robust and scalable security products for consumer and enterprise customers. As industry top performers, we develop optimized high-performance system software solutions with high availability and reliability.
This is where you come in.
We are looking for a new team member who is passionate about building cloud based services and applications, has a strong interest in cyber-security and data protection, and wants to join our team as a Software Engineer to help our corporate encryption product family reach for the cloud.
Not a week goes by without reports of data breaches and leaks of customer data from large corporations – our encryption products protect against data loss and are deployed worldwide in large organizations in both public and private sectors.
Working at our Bangalore development centre, you will bring your enthusiasm, knowledge and experience to an end-to-end team responsible for building, testing, deploying and maintaining our data protection cloud services.You will work closely with our product engineering teams in the UK, helping them integrate the services that you build into the product line.
In a world where large data breaches are becoming more frequent, we are offering you a rare opportunity to influence and contribute to an interesting and critical part of McAfee’s enterprise business that protects our customers’ data (and that of their customers).
Roles and responsibilities
To relentlessly protect all that matters through leading edge cyber security, from your workplace to your home and everywhere in between.
To enable a world where cyber security is so consistent, reliable and effective that it becomes a trusted foundation in our lives – like clean air and water. Our technology enables the world to fully realize the transformative power of the digital age, by protecting all that matters. By doing our job well, we drive limitless innovation, securely.
We live our values day in and day out, do you think you can live our values with us? If you can, don’t think, just connect with us. Together is power.
McAfee is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- You will write high-quality service and application code to the defined specification targetting high service uptimes
- You will write unit and component test code to perform internal and external validation of the components, services and applications you build
- You will identify and fix bugs quickly, with an eye for quality
- You will work closely with the encryption product teams in Brighton, UK to integrate the services you build
- You will peer review code changes from other developers on parts of a product source code
- You will write REST API test code to fully exercise the APIs in a CI/CD environment
- You will create deployment scripts and operational documentation to allow our ops team to deploy and maintain the services which you build
- You will stay current with technology trends & factor this into current design and implementation
- You will understand the big picture, take initiative to solve the problem and identify opportunities for refactoring
- B.E/B.Tech in Computer Science or equivalent degree or combination of experience
- 5+ years of experience in designing and developing cloud based services and applications using Java
- Full stack developer who is well versed with design and development of different tiers of software product.
- Requires strong programming skills in Core Java, java script and web based technologies
- Expertise in web technologies such as JEE, REST, Spring
- Experience with any UI framework like Angular, TypeScript, JQuery, ExtJS etc. would be an advantage, but is not mandatory
- Must be very good in database concepts, algorithms and design patterns
- Should have excellent debugging, troubleshooting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be an excellent problem solver, creative thinker and self-motivated
- Good to have knowledge of computer networking, protocols and software security
- Preferable to have experience in continuous delivery environment using test driven development
- Prior experience working on software security products is a plus
- We achieve Excellence with Speed and Agility
- We Play to Win or Don’t Play
- We Innovate without Fear
- We Practice Inclusive Candor and Transparency
- We Put the Customer at the Core
Shift 1 (India)
EMB2 - India - Bangalore Embassy Golflinks
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.